OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 May 2008

 Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 May 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 20 May 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 13 May 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00029.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Subcommittee reports (as needed)


    2.  ITEM: DITA Adoption SC
        * We have confirmation of visit next week by Don Harbison, co-chair of 
            ODF Adoption TC

        * Roadmap revision suggestion
            * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Roadmap_for_DITA_development

            Robert pointed out that the most up-to-date resource to work from
            is the "Implementation Status for DITA 1.2 items" page on the wiki:

            Don is seeking a volunteer to update the roadmap and add a short
            description of each item targeted at non-technical folks. Please
            contact Don directly if you're interested. Revisit next meeting.

            Gershon added a link to the roadmap in the Working Docs section of
            the Wiki home page.


    3.  ITEM: mime type for DITA -- OASIS comment about process
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00035.html (Hennum 
            wrap up for the week)
        * Erik won't be able to discuss today. Resume next week?


    4.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages (resume from last week)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00023.html (OASIS 
            comment about process)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00025.html (Ogden 
            comeback proposal)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00026.html (Hunt 
            amendment to Learning SC package)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00028.html (Kravogel 
            Robert suggested waiting for the team to start creating packages 
            before discussing further. It's easy to create different packages.

            JoAnn asked (wrt the MI package proposal) how users would add back
            the software domain for cases where users document machinery that 
            includes software.

            Gershon suggested identifying common use cases and writing detailed
            tutorials that guide users step by step to create the "canned" 
            specialization they're after (e.g. MI plus software).

            The TC agreed to prepare some packages and get some usability 
            testing on them.

            ACTION: Robert to prepare a set of sample packages
            ACTION: Robert requested the Chair to move this item to the end of 
            the agenda until the packages have been created.

            ACTION: JoAnn and Gershon to put some use cases (scenarios) together 
            and then write a starter document to walk users through specializing 
            packages to get a combined kit that meets their needs.


    5.  ITEM: Need Clarification on Implications of Different List Markup Patterns
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200802/msg00011.html (original note from Eliot)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00058.html (Kimber base proposal)
        * see ensuing list discussion--much!


    6.  ITEMS: DITA 1.2 open items:
        1.  Questions about Controlled Values / Taxonomies:
            * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/scheme_map_clarifications

            Robert: All questions have been answered by Erik


        2.  Questions about Machine Industry specializations:
            * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/MI_Task_implementation_questions

            Robert: still awaiting input from MI SC.

            ACTION: Robert to ask Chris directly.


    7.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00087.html (25 Apr)
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200804/msg00088.html (25 Apr)
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00020.html (6 May)
        * XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00024.html (7 May)

4.  Announcements/Opens

    1.  Fixed DITA 1.1 XSDs

        Eric posted updated DITA 1.1 XSDs with numerous bug fixes:

        ACTION: Eric to post a message to the users group.

        The TC is requested to review and prepare to vote on this update next week.


Meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]