Subject: RE: [dita] a call to talk about forming an OASIS DITA Member Section

I'd like to participate in the discussion
JoAnn

JoAnn T. Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
710 Kipling Street, Suite 400
Denver CO 80215
303-232-7586
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com

From: Ogden, Jeff [mailto:jogden@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:57 AM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org

Jim Earley, Michael Priestley, and I will be getting together on the phone to talk about the possibility of forming a DITA Member Section. We’ve tentatively scheduled the call for tomorrow, Friday, June 27th from 2:30 to 3:30 PM ET.  If others would like to join us, you’d be welcome.  If you do, send me e-mail and I’ll give you the phone number, make sure I have enough “ports” reserved for everyone, and I’ll let you know if the time for the call changes.

Some background below.

     -Jeff

The OASIS rules for Member Sections:  http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ms_policy.php

It was suggested, by Mary I think, that we look at some of the Rules of Procedure for existing Member Sections. I haven’t done that yet.  I assume that we can find them on the OASIS site.

A note from Dee Schur: