OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 1 July 2008

 Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

+972-8-974-1569 (direct)
+972-57-314-1170 (mobile)
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 1 July 2008

Chaired by Eliot Kimber <ekimber@reallysi.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 1 July 2008 at 08:00am PT for
50 minutes.

1.  Roll call

    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * date : 24 June 2008
    * URL  : http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00047.html

    Accepted by acclamation.

3.  Subcommittee reports (as needed)

    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC

      TC members who would like to join the Adoption TC should sign up. This can 
      be done via TC page (click Join):

    * OASIS DITA Member Section (provisional)

4.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Packages (resume from previous weeks)

        2.  Machine Industry Task discussion
            * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00055.html

            Robert: The question is how to specialize the mitask domain. We 
            currently have a <prelreqs> specialized from <section>, and 
            <closereqs> is specialized from <example>. The reasons for this are:
            1) so that both can be used outside of task topics and 
            2) we're specializing <closereqs> from <example> so that it can 
            appear after <steps>.

            Chris: Should we rather specialize from <prereq> and <postreq>? The 
            reason we didn't is to allow these elements to be available outside 
            of task topics, in case anyone wants to specialize a new task from 
            topic then they can still use our domain.

            The TC agreed that these elements (<prelreqs> and <closereqs>) 
            should be specialized from <prereq> and <postreq>.
            Should this be done as a domain specialization or structural 
            specialization? Robert to send Chris the pros and cons of each 
            approach for discussion with the MI SC.

            ACTION (next step): Chris will take these decisions back to the MI SC.

    2.  New ITEM: Review anticipated schedule for drafts and remaining input
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Questions_for_1.2_Lang_Spec (Anderson) 

        Robert: Quite a few items need clarification. See this item's link for the
        list of questions. Robert will contact owners of each item that needs 

        Robert: The lang spec out there is an early first draft. All items in the 
        list on the questions page still need resolution.

        ACTION: TC members are asked to start reviewing the lang spec sections 
        they are interested in. Item owners and others interested in specific 
        items should review the list of open questions and address them and also
        review the elements associated with these items.

    3.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        * Lang spec ToCJS: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00036.html (18 June)
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00034.html (18 June)
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200806/msg00035.html (18 June)
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00042.html (30 May)
        * XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200805/msg00040.html (28 May) 

5.  Announcements/Opens

Meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]