Subject: DITA v1.2 specification review

Hi folks,

  One of the new activities recently adopted by the TAB is to serve as a  “College of Experts.” What this really means is that, since I have no staff, I’ve drafted them to work for me on an individual basis and help out TCs whenever they need it. Almost everyone on the TAB is a “professional standards geek” and has years of experience working with numerous standards organizations; they are all interested in continually improving the quality of OASIS specifications. To that end, one of the identified roles is to provide, upon request, pre-publication specification review. The goal is to provide input *before* the spec is released for public review and to not impact the technical committee’s specification timeline. They will not comment on the technical content, but may have suggestions with regard to overall spec quality, with a primary focus on the Conformance section.

  From what I can tell it looks like DITA v1.2 is a couple of months away from public review (if not sooner); given that, if the TC is interested in having a TAB member review the spec just let me know and I’ll coordinate.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary P McRae

Director, Technical Committee Administration

email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org

web: www.oasis-open.org

phone: 1.603.232.9090

Join us at the OASIS Forum on Security