OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 September 2008

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 30 September 2008
Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>
The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 30 September 2008 at 08:00am PT for
60 minutes.
1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.
2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00025.html (23 September 2008)
    Accepted by acclamation.
3.  Reports of Subcommittees and Affiliated TCs (as needed)
    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee (Sept. 2)
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee (Sept.9)
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee (Sept. 16)
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee (Sept. 23)
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee (Sept. 30)
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee (Oct. 7)
        Stan Doherty reported on the subcommittee activities.
        Developing sample/test files for specializations.
          Is management of these responsibility of TC or of SC?
          Will support packages for 1.3.
          Need validation before available to vendors.
          TC can provide as part of doc set.
          Can support in Wiki knowledge base.
          SC to own them while under development.
        Best practices guide scheduled for review October 23.
    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC
4.  Business:
    1.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Specification Review Assignments
        * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Draft_DITA_1.2_Specification_Review_Assignments
        Language Reference items complete (Robert Anderson)
    2.  ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI 

        * Review progress -- no report.
    3.  New ITEM: Cascading/Inheritance of default values 

        Conclusion reached, but must be written up and presented.
    4.  ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3

        * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon)
    5. New ITEM: SC proposal, DITA for Technical Standards
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00027.html (Priestley)
http://dita.xml.org/wiki/dita-for-technical-standards-dts (discussion)
        Michael will enter the formal OASIS proposal and act as convener.
       ACTION: Don: notify Mary of this.
    6.  NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:
        * Lang spec ToCJS: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00014.html (10 Sep)
        * Lang spec source: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00002.html (4 Aug)
        * Lang spec CHM: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00015.html (10 Sep)
        * DTDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00011.html (11 Aug)
        * XSDs: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00027.html (16 Aug)
    7.  Announcements/Opens
        Problems connecting with Skype.
        EBay/Skype may be blocking calls to an IBM number.
        IBM has aggregation numbers for UK and Switzerland.
        ACTION: Don to send concern to Mary McRae to determine OASIS response.
        ACTION: Don to post access numbers to the TC list.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]