Subject: Resolution for initiation of DITA for Technical Standards Subcommittee

Hi, Mary. DITA keeps moving into ever new areas.  Based on ongoing
discussions, of which you have been part, and on the proposal posted at
http://dita.xml.org/wiki/dita-for-technical-standards-dts, Michael
Priestley requested initiation of the DITA for Technical Standards
Subcommittee at the September 30 2008 DITA TC meeting. The resolution was
approved by acclamation, as recorded in the minutes item #5 for that
meeting, at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00028.html .

Michael would be the initial chair for the sake of convening the activity.
Would you please help MIchael in setting up the appropriate collaborative
tools so that the charter team can begin work on this new activity? We look
forward to OASIS participation as well, of course, in that we have already
at OASIS several exemplary use cases of DITA for standards.  Thank you!

Regards,
--
Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee