OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes 14 October 2008

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 14 October 2008

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Rob Frankland <robf@sockmonkeyconsult.com>

1. Roll call

    We have qurom.

2. Approve minutes from previous business meetings:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200810/msg00003.html (6 
October 2008)

      Approved by acclamation.

3. Subcommittee reports (as needed)

    New subcommittee approved - DITA for technical standards

    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
          o Upcoming: Best practices guide scheduled for review October 23
    * OASIS DITA for Technical Standards (Mary confirmed our notice)
    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC
    Paper on reasons for adopting DITA under way
    SWAT analysis under way
    Gershon as official liaison.

4. Business:

   1. ITEM: DITA 1.2 Specification Review Assignments

Reviews need to be complete in two weeks
          * status on John Hunt, training architecture -
        Ready for incorporation
Includes sample build for HTML help
          * status of the new "DITA 1.2 Classification, Controlled 
Values, and Taxonomies                    Architecture and Language 
Don to contact Eric Hennnum for status of this item.
          * Note new XSD updates, below (from Eric Sirois)
See Note for details - 3 or 4 new domains - schema testing needed - 
Editor with XML catalog support best for testing
Text catalog should be in OASIS release

   2. ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI
          * Review progress
No news
   3. ITEM: Cascading/Inheritance of default values
          * status of Ogden's write up progress
ACTION: Paul to check on Jeff's status
   4. ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3
          * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon)
          * deferring until Oct 28 (Gershon's return)
   5.      New ITEM: DITA files needed by MadCap
Sharon Birden - Announcement 10/29
Customer documents needed for testing
Test documents for OT - Contact Robert Anderson for details

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200810/msg00005.html (McRae)

5a - new item - how to support validation suite of DITA documents
Joann - may be activity for DITA adoption TC

   6. NOTE: latest DITA 1.2 draft uploads:

            Lang spec ToCJS: 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00014.html (10 Sep)

            Lang spec source: 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00002.html (4 Aug)

            Lang spec CHM: 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200809/msg00015.html (10 Sep)

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200808/msg00011.html (11 Aug)

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200810/msg00004.html (14 Oct)

9:50-9:55 Announcements/Opens

ACTION: Don to send link to TC for DITA TC approval of DITA Translation 
TC best practices document.

Adjourned at 11:45 ET

Next meeting 21 October 2008
11:00 AM ET

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]