OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 December 2008


Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader
PDI DocTools

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 9 December 2008

Chaired by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>
Minutes recorded by Michael Priestley <mpriestl@ca.ibm.com>
Minutes edited and posted by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 2 December 2008 at 08:00am PT for
30 minutes.

Roll call (Regrets: Don, Kris)
  > We have quorum.

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
  * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200812/msg00004.html (2 Dec 2008)
  > Gershon: motioned to approve
  > Rob Frankland: seconded
  > Accepted by acclamation.

Subcommittee reports (as needed) 
  * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee 
  * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee 

  * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    > Chris Kravogel:
    > Second face to face meeting at DITA Europe conference, including the 
    > 4 most active members.
    > 6 new interested members.
    > Planning new proposals for DITA 1.3 - should keep busy for next 2 years.

    > MP: Reminder to announce to dita-users re automotive interest
    > CK: Will announce - there was a call for participation for automotive 
    > industry at DITA Europe, but no new activity.

  * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee (Jae, following Chris) 
  * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee 
  * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee 
  * OASIS DITA for Technical Standards 
  * OASIS DITA Adoption TC 


1.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Specification Review Assignments 
    * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/Draft_DITA_1.2_Specification_Review_Assignments 

    * Action check: Don to contact Erik Hennum about his overview on controlled values. 
    * Action check: Kris to email reminder to Eliot (which elements are for specialization?) 

    > Both deferred since interested parties absent

2.  ITEM: Cascading/Inheritance of default values 
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200810/msg00009.html (Ogden) 
    * deferred from last week 

    > deferred again since Jeff still not here

3.  ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3 
    * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon) 
    * Action check: Gershon to add his research into the DITA 1.3 Proposals table. 

    > Gershon has started working on it.
    > Also found some dropped action items - will suggest to Don that we create 
    > a separate Wiki page for action items so that they don't get lost - can 
    > do at same time as review of past minutes for dropped/missing 1.3 
    > proposals

4.  ITEM: "DITA goes Nuclear" thread 
    * Is anyone else in the nuclear industry using DITA? 
    * If yes, where should specialization go? 
    * Revisit this week 

    > Still exploring first option - seeing if nuclear industry association 
    > interested in running standardization process

5.  Closed ITEM: Keyref not sufficient for general indirection 
    * Action check: Gershon to add this to 1.3 list and include a link to 
      Eliot's email that states the requirements). 

    > Action closed - added to 1.3 list of features

Ongoing checks: 

1.  ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI 
    * Review progress 

    > Jarno has posted code, Robert to review

2.  ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use: 
    * Status of DITA OT 1.5 reference implementation of 1.2 features: 
      * http://dita.xml.org/wiki/plans-for-dita-ot-15 
    * Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use. 
    > Reminder that we need these affirmations - or function won't make it onto 1.2
    > Gershon: will take reminder to DITA Adoption TC as well.

--Meeting adjourned--

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]