OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC minutes, 20 January 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_01202009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00025.html
 Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by XXX; approved by

No reports.

4. Reassign Jeff's items:
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00027.html
Jeff Ogden cannot continue work on the architectural specification and the
other documents that he was slated to work on. Michael Priestley suggested
that we need a information architect, who will assemble the DITA map and
farm out topics to others. This requires a broad understanding of the DITA
spec rather than detailed technical knowledge about individual areas. 

JoAnn offered to create a spreadsheet of the 1.1 topics. Michael reiterated
that there are substantial architectural changes between DITA 1.1 and DITA
1.2; because of this, the DITA 1.1 architectural spec topics will not be a
very useful base -- many topics will need to be rewritten and split up. He
commented that he early on had created an outline for the 1.2 architectural
spec; perhaps Jeff has further amended it.

The general consensus was that we needed to get materials from Jeff Ogden
before the next TC meeting. If we don't get materials from Jeff, we'll
begin with Michael's original outline.

Action: Don Day will locate the outline, send it to Jeff, ask if he has any
comments, and request that Jeff get any comments and materials to the TC
before the next meeting.
Action: Don Day will send a note to the TC, asking for volunteers for the
architectural spec.

5. Review Master Topic List--Gershon
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00030.html
Robert Anderson asked what is the point of doing this with the language
specification, since the work has largely been completed. JoAnn Hackos
stated that it would enable the committee to perform a rapid read through
of the language spec and identify new places where usability improvements
could be made. Robert stated that he expected to complete and post a new
draft of the 1.2 language spec by the end of next week; he stated that this
would be a good time for a new review. Michael Priestley commented that he
had not previously seen the potential for the spreadsheet approach to drive
a usability review.

JoAnn stated that she wanted people to discuss whether a spreadsheet would
be a helpful mechanism to drive development of the architectural spec. Don
Day stated that he wanted time to consider this. The item deferred to the
next TC meeting.

6. Note to McRae about CMS
Don Day stated that he and Gershon has drafted an e-mail and would continue
to work on this item.

7. DITA 1.2 Specification Review Assignments
Don Day asked that everyone update the table about the specification

8. New ITEM: "Conref push for static output formats" discussion
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200812/msg00006.html
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200812/msg00007.html
Discussion from Su-Laine Yeo and Michael Priestley ensued. Michael
clarified that there would be a master build map (owned by the information
architect for the product) that the processor would call. How to handle
content that should not be displayed anywhere? Su-Laine stated that this is
a problem for anchorref  also. Possibly need a new attribute. Discussion to
follow via e-mail. 

Meeting adjourned early so that people could watch the inauguration of the
44th US president, Barack Obama.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC minutes, 20 January 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_01202009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein to
the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]