Subject: RE: [dita] Another request for steps-informal example

Here's how I would explain it:

The <steps-informal> element can be used in the place of either <steps>
or <steps-unordered> to document the actions that the reader should
perform in a task. For example, six actions that the reader must perform
in a particular sequence could be marked up as follows:

<steps>
</steps>

Using the <steps-informal> element, the same actions can be documented
as follows:

<steps-informal>
<ol>
<li>Remove the old oil filter.</li>
<li>Drain the old oil. </li>
<li>Install a new oil filter and gasket. </li>
<li>Add new oil to the engine.</li>
<li>Check the air filter and replace or clean it.</li>
<li>Top up the windshield washer fluid.</li>
</ol>
</steps-informal>

The advantage of using <steps-informal> with <ol>, instead of <steps>,
is that compared to <steps>, the <ol> content model is simpler. It also
has more similarities to HTML, making document conversion from HTML
easier.

Su-Laine