Subject: Re: [dita] Another request for steps-informal example

Bob wrote:
>I am glad that steps-informal is part of 1.2 because it provides a good deal of architectural flexibility. However, it having it
>there for authoring is not such a good idea. I feel strongly enough about this that I will be advising my clients to use the
>constraints mechanism to remove steps-informal from their authoring environments.

I believe we plan to deliver two versions of task: one that is loose, for authoring groups who don't want the constrained authoring in <steps>, and one that does exactly what you want: continue to provide the constrained and semantic environment that we already know from DITA 1.0/1.1.

>Should they come up with use cases where informal-steps would solve a problem, I will encourage them to look deeper into the
>semantics of the use cases, and then to specialize informal-steps using those semantics rather than using informal-steps
>directly.

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25