OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC meeting, 24 February 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_02242009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

2. ITEM: Behavior of q element
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00005.html and
following (Anderson)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00026.html (Anderson
follow up) 
Robert Anderson needs to meet with members of the W3 Consortium and learn
why they have made changes.

3. New ITEM: Data types and default values
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00000.html
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00017.html (Grosso's
Paul Grosso and Robert Anderson recapped the discussion. General consensus
that the specification needs to use XML 

terms and DTD syntax, but that there is a need for Adoption Committee to
devise materials that help bridge the gap 

between technical specifications and information that general users need to
know. Su-Laine Yeo asked whether the 

specification could point to Wiki pages for discussion. Don suggested that
the spec point to specific, normative 

resources for XML information. Don Day raised the issue that the XHTML
version of the spec is referenced by several 

help systems. Michael Priestley reminded us that we do not have the
opportunity to post a version of the spec 

(whether official or unofficial) somewhere where people can add comments or
annotate it. Michael Priestley suggested 

that we raise the issue again on general OASIS communication lists.
Su-Laine Yeo again suggested that specific parts 

of the spec link to resources on dita.xml.org. Michael asked whether we
could bring other TCs (such as ODF) into the 

discussion. Su-Laine Yeo also suggested linking the spec to non-normative
1) Michael Priestley will send e-mail to Gershon, presenting background on
this issue. 
2) Gershon will take this item to the OASIS DITA Adoption Committee, ask
them to open discussion with OASIS about 

ways to make specification commentable. 
3) People should give suggestions of non-normative sites to Robert Anderson
(via e-mail).

* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00041.html (17 Feb
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Rob Frankland; approved by

* OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee 
Anne Rockley will give a presentation next week.
* OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
The subcommittee has released its report to the list. Contact Tony Self or
Stan Doherty with comments. The 

subcommittee expects to ask for approval in two weeks

6. ITEM: review Master Topic List--Gershon
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00034.html (latest
We started the WebEx conference and Gershon walked through the spreadsheet,
asking for volunteers. Robert Anderson 

and Nancy Harrison volunteered for localization topics. Bruce Nevin
volunteered to work on topics that need editorial 

expertise. Robert Anderson volunteered for specialization-aware processing.
Gershon volunteered for "Generating a 

domain attribute specialization" and its child topics. Robert Anderson will
send Erik Hennum an e-mail and enquire 

whether he could handle the constraint topics; if Erik does not have the
time, Gershon might take on these topics. 

Bruce Nevin agreed to take on the "Advanced specialization" topics. Gershon
volunteered for "Limits of specialization 

and common pitfalls." Rob Frankland offered editorial expertise for the
topics that Gershon is authoring. Don Day 

asked whether Gershon had been able to make use of the people who had
volunteered in response to the general call. 

Nancy Harrison will review the spreadsheet and send Gershon e-mail about
what topics she can work on.

Action: Gershon will e-mail people who had volunteered in response to the
general call, point them to spreadsheet, and ask whether they could take on
any topics.

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC meeting, 24 February 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_02242009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein to
the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]