Subject: AW: [dita] hazard statement widths

Paul

you mentioned: "A spec that doesn't cover all cases is broken."
I doubt that specs can cover all cases - In my point of view they can never
do.

Giving you a more simple answer to the question what to do if an authors
specifies a too big hazardsymbol width.

In DITA 1.2 we do not cover special panel arrangements as they are specified
in ANSI Z535.4.
In DITA 1.2 we do have Horizontal panel arrangements as default only, e.g.
http://www.ce-mag.com/ARG/00ARGCE263A.jpg

In a hazard statement rendered as horizontal panel the maximum width of a
hazardsymbol must not be larger then 50% of the maximum width of the
hazardstatement.

For more details please follow the definitions in ANSI Z545.4

We can add this to the archi-specs.

Would that be OK to you as implementer?

Best regards

Chris

SeicoDyne GmbH
Eichenstrasse 16
CH-6015 Reussbühl
Switzerland
Tel: +41 41 534 66 97
Mob: +41 78 790 66 97
Skype: seicodyne

www.seicodyne.com
christian.kravogel@seicodyne.com

Member of the DITA Technical Committee
Chairman of the DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee