OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC meeting,3 March 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_03_March_2009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 3 March 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

2. Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00046.html (24 Feb
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Robert Frankland; motion
carried by acclamation.


* OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee 

Anne Rockley reported on the work of the subcommittee. The subcommittee
decided to split work into four categories:
    *Aggregation: Their audience requires a document-centric paradigm;
structure is more important than reuse. 
    *Infotype simplification: Should there be further simplification to
meet the needs of the business community?
    *Specialization: Are there existing specializations or are there core
building blocks that need to be added to DITA to meet the needs of the
business community?
    *Metada: Current metadata is tech-comm oriented and not useful for the
business community. What can be reused? What will the business community

The subcommittee has put together a working paper; they will post it later
today. Don Day suggested that a peer review be conducted by members of the

Action: Subcommittee to send an invitation to members of the TC for a peer
review of the working document. Several committee members expressed

* OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee
Stan Doherty reported that there was one week left during the review cycle.
He encouraged people who have not provided input to do so.

* OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
Scheduled for next week.

4. # ITEM: Behavior of q element 
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00005.html and
following (Anderson)
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00026.html (Anderson
follow up) 
Robert Anderson reported that he had met with Don Day and IBM
representatives; the HTML committee has decided that quotation marks should
be rendered by style sheets.
He suggests that the DITA specification should recommend that authors do
not add quotation marks; style sheets or other mechanisms should render the

Action: Robert to summarize this matter and sent it to the TC.

5. New ITEM: Data types and default values 
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00000.html
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00017.html (Grosso's
No new issues; should have been listed as closed. But there are open action
items associated with this item.

1) Michael Priestley will send e-mail to Gershon, presenting background on
this issue. 
2) Gershon will take this item to the OASIS DITA Adoption Committee, ask
them to open discussion with OASIS about ways to make specification
3) People should give suggestions of non-normative sites to Robert
Anderson(via e-mail).

6. New ITEM: Cross-references to Topicheads and Implicit Title-only
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00039.html (Eliot,
Since Elliot Kimber was not present, this item was deferred to the
following week.

7. New ITEM: Keys and keyref - URI syntax
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00007.html
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00019.html (Grosso)

Robert Anderson reported that this hinges on what characters should be
allowed in keys. Michael Priestley stated that the only limitation that he
was aware of was that keys should not contain spaces. Discussion ensued
about where keys appear. Robert also stated that the slash character must
be avoided, since it is a delimiter in conref. Paul Grosso suggested that
we avoid mentioning URIs. (Item closed for new agendas.)

1)	Robert will send e-mail to Gershon with a summary of how he thinks the
TC will state the issue.
2)	Gershon will take the information to the Adoption Committee.

8. ITEM: OASIS hosting of Subversion for content control
Stan Doherty reported that he could help people set up client applications,
but he is not close enough to the content to make recommendations. Gershon
can make some recommendations, but he does not know exactly what we can do
with the Web access.

Action: Gershon to play with Web access, put in some language spec files.
Stan will try some clients. Return to this item next week.

9. ITEM: review Master Topic List--Gershon
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00034.html (latest
Nancy could not find the source topics. Gershon clarified that she should
be looking for DITA 1.1 topics. She will get back to Gershon in a day or
two. People who have taken ownership of topics should go ahead and work on
them; reconvene on this agenda item in two weeks time. Send any updated
topics to Gershon. He hopes to get content in Subversion shortly.

Action: After Gershon gets topics from Nancy, he will update the
spreadsheet and ask for additional volunteers.

10. Off-line discussion on stylistic issues
Several people have participated in an off-line discussion of editorial
issues, for example: Do we mark element names with brackets? Do we mention
the element name?

Action: Gershon will send an invitation for people interested in stylistic
issues. He will start a Wiki page that will be the start of the writing
guidelines. Will send note to the list. Add this to the agenda for next
week. People can subscribe to the page.

11. New ITEM: Allowing appendices to be grouped 
	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00047.html (Grosso,
and following)

Need to be able to put a heading in the TOC to group the appendices. Don
Day wondered whether something like a specialized book list would work.
Robert stated that he thought a specialized element for grouping appendices
would be most fruitful. Continue discussion on the list; try for roll-up
next week. Gershon suggested that we vote on an exception and include this
in DITA 1.2.

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC meeting,3 March 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_03_March_2009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein
to the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]