OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC meeting, 10 March 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_10_March_2009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 10 March 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

2. Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00013.html (3 March
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Rob Frankland; motion carried
by acclamation.


* OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
Scheduled for next week.

4. ITEM: Behavior of q element (short update?)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00005.html (Anderson
Robert Anderson has the information that he needs to modify the
specification. Item closed.

5. Data types and default values (short update?)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00000.html
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00017.html (Grosso's

No progress on action items. Robert Anderson raised the point that these
should be separate agenda items.

Old actions:
1) Michael Priestley will send e-mail to Gershon, presenting background on
this issue. 
2) Gershon will take this item to the OASIS DITA Adoption Committee, ask
them to open discussion with OASIS about ways to make specification
3) People should give suggestions of non-normative sites to Robert
Anderson(via e-mail).

New action: Don to close this item and reopen it as two new action items.

6. ITEM: Cross-references to Topicheads and Implicit Title-only Topics
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00039.html (Eliot,

Discussion ensued. The (one of the?)  technical problem is how to form a
URL that points to a generated topic formed from a <topichead>.

Action: Discussion to continue on the list, hopefully with a proposal to be
developed for discussion next week.

7. ITEM: Hazard Statement Width
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00029.html (Grosso
and ongoing)
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00008.html (Kravogel
suggested actions)
Item deferred until a future meeting when Chris Kravogel is present.

8. ITEM: Allowing appendices to be grouped
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00047.html (Grosso,
and following) 
Motion made to create a new element (specialization of <topicref> to enable
grouping of appendices. This would involve change to scope of work for DITA
1.2: new work items and modifications to Language specification. Motion
made by Don Day; seconded by Paul Grosso; approved by acclamation.

9. ITEM: SVN content management for TC drafts and assets
Item closed.
Action: Don Day will move this to the ongoing checks section of the

10. New ITEM: Mapref attribute resolution
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00007.html (Anderson)

Robert Anderson restated the issue. Discussion ensued. Don Day suggested
that we tease out what is 1.2 and what is 1.3 items. Item to continue next

11. New ITEM: DITA Help Technologies Guide (DITA Help SC item for TC
*  http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-help/documents.php
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00010.html (Yeo
Su-Laine Yeo stated that she thinks there are many outstanding questions
about vendor-neutrality of the document, and whatever posted under the
OASIS name must be vendor neutral. She also has questions about some of the
facts in the documents, and whether TC members have the level of knowledge
to approve the content of the document. Michael Priestley asked whether the
document was intended to be approved by the DITA TC committee (yes) and
whether Su-Laine's concerns would be alleviated by the fact of having the
document published by the DITA Adoption Committee (no). Stan D. stated that
perhaps the document should state that all vendors were offered the
opportunity to participate (many didn't not have the time). Su-Laine asked
what was the criteria for inclusion in the guide. She stated that the
document refers to products that are not currently shipped. She also asked
what fact checking was completed. Stan stated that the document was
reviewed and tested by all subcommittee members. He also stated that the
goal of the document was to encourage people to consider using DITA for
help and to counter the perception that DITA was not suitable for help,
that the document was intended to provide information not serve as QA
certification. Michael Priestley raised the point that there were multiple
options for publishing this document, and perhaps it would be better for
inclusion on dita.xml.org as a set of case studies. Sue-Laine stated that
she thought that issuing the document on dita.xml.org would be a good
compromise; content on a Wiki is intended to be a work in progress and does
not have the presumption of OASIS approval. She also noted that the lack of
direct competitors on the subcommittee might have prevented disagreement.

1. Stan Doherty to reply to Su-Laine's last comment on the list.
2. Kris Eberlein to post to the list about the Adoption Committee's
response to this item.

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC meeting, 10 March 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_10_March_2009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein
to the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]