OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC meeting, 24 March 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_24_March_2009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 24 March 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Quorum is present.

2. Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00055.html (17 March
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Rob Frankland; motion carried
by acclamation.

John Hunt will provide a report from the Learning and Training Subcommittee
next week.

4. Note fresh DITA 1.2 DTD upload from Robert Anderson
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00058.html (24 Mar)
Schema updates will be forthcoming.

Michael Priestley sent background information to Gershon Joseph; there is
an on-going dialogue happening with Mary McRae.

5. ITEM: Cross-references to Topicheads and Implicit Title-only Topics
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200901/msg00039.html (Eliot,
Discussion deferred until Elliot Kimber is present.

Action: Eliot to resume discussion on the list to help drive for TC

6. ITEM: Hazard Statement Width
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200902/msg00029.html (Grosso
and ongoing)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00008.html (Kravogel
suggested actions) 
After a discussion of whether the issue was user error or a styling issue 
and whether the DITA spec should refer to the ANSI spec  moved, seconded,
and approved to have the spec contain language along the lines of setting
the hazard symbol width to be larger the hazard statement width is an
error; an implementation might (but need not) generate an error message,
and the an implementation might (but need not) recover from the error

1)	Chris Kravogel will revise the text of spec.
2)	Don Day will open a implementation page in the Wiki and start logging
issues for a future implementation guide. He will log this as the first

7. ITEM: Mapref attribute resolution
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00007.html
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00057.html (Robert's
     o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00059.html
(Nevin's response)
     o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00061.html
(Ogden's response)
     o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00065.html
(Robert's response)
(Ogden's response) 
Don Day asked Robert Anderson how close he thought we were to resolution.
Robert suggested that he will add another summary. Well keep the item open
and discuss next week.

Action: Robert Anderson will write another summary and send it to the

8. ITEM: DITA Help Technologies Guide (DITA Help SC item for TC review)
* http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita-help/documents.php
The item has been withdrawn for the time being and so is closed as a
business item. Stan Doherty has contacted OASIS, and the review steps are
underway. Don Day asks that any other committees wait to further discuss
this item until the results of the OASIS review are available.

9. New ITEM: The Case for Aggregated Editing (EBD item for TC review)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00014.html 
Steve Manning was not present on the call. Discussion deferred until a
representative of the subcommittee is present.

10. New ITEM: Editorial Style
This was discussed at Feb 24 meeting; is the sign-up page ready yet? 

Action: Gershon Joseph will follow through on this by setting up the
sign-up page.

11. New ITEM: Use of <term>
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00028.html (Kravogel,
and following)
After a discussion of whether to expose this item on dita.xml.org (or hand
it off to the Adoption Committee), Don Day moved to strike the sentence
from current draft and add the content of note #34 to new
implementation-issues page. Seconded by Gershon Joseph and approved by

Action: Don Day will add the item to the implementation-issues page. 

12. New ITEM: Request for new <glossary-sort-as> element
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200903/msg00060.html (Yeo) 
Don Day recommends that this item be added to the DITA 1.3 proposal list.
DITA 1.2 scope is closed to all but must-fix issues and documentation.

Action: Su-Laine Yeo to add this item to the DITA 1.3 proposal list.

13. ITEM: review Master Topic List--Gershon
* Latest spreadsheet:
Gershon has added reviewers from the Wiki page. He asked that people who
were assigned sections on the Wiki page to check column L of the
spreadsheet and let him know of any errors. Both Stan Doherty and Jim Early
are OK with assignments listed in the spreadsheet.

Gershon asked for a volunteer for the four localization topics; Su-Laine
agreed to do so.  Next week Gershon hopes to do a demo with the Subversion
repository. He also is working on an updated map for the architectural.

14. ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI 
Robert needs to follow up on this and report back.

15. ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use: 
* Status of DITA OT 1.5 reference implementation of 1.2 features:
Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use.

Action: Gershon to move stuff down into the usage page. Gershon to add link
to Adoption Committee page for people who intend to use DITA 1.2.

16. ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3 
* Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon) 
* Action check: Gershon to add his research into the DITA 1.3 Proposals
Agreed to leave this item as is.

17. ITEM: Cascading/Inheritance of default values 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200810/msg00009.html (ogden) 
Closed as an item. Gershon added the information to a column in the

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC meeting, 24 March 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_24_March_2009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein
to the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]