Subject: RE: [dita] processing-role attribute [cascading]

Would it always cascade?  Would it cascade from a keydef? My head is starting to hurt again.

   -Jeff

From: Michael Priestley [mailto:mpriestl@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:23 AM
To: Ogden, Jeff
Cc: dita; Robert D Anderson

Actually it could be quite useful for processing-role to cascade. For example:

Author A creates a single map that defines both a TOC and the keys for the topicrefs in the TOC (not using keydef - just a single TOC with a key on each topicref)

Author B wants to reuse a bunch of the topics but their own nav. So they want to use the key definitions in author A's map but not the nav structure. So they create a mapref (or a conref to a subset of the target map) setting processing-role="resourceonly".

Michael Priestley, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
Lead IBM DITA Architect
mpriestl@ca.ibm.com
http://dita.xml.org/blog/25

"Ogden, Jeff" <jogden@ptc.com>

04/21/2009 11:12 AM

"Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com>, "dita" <dita@lists.oasis-open.org>

cc

Subject

RE: [dita] processing-role attribute [cascading]

I've got cascading on the brain and so ...

I assume that @processing-role itself does not cascade.

But does @processing-role="resource-only" change the cascading behavior for any other attributes or other properties?

Cascading within a map?
Cascading from map to map?