Subject: FYI: New Community Project: DITA For Publishers

Below is a copy of an announcement email I sent to the DITA Users mailing
list. I copy it here as a courtesy for TC members who do not also follow
dita-users.

As mentioned below, this project is in anticipation of my intent to
eventually start a Publishing subcommittee within the TC. Such a
subcommittee would be premature at the moment, both because the community of
DITA-using publishers is still pretty small and because I need to continue
to focus on helping to get DITA 1.2 done. Since DITA 1.2 is functionally
frozen, there's little point in doing official work on Publishing-specific
requirements before 1.2 is done. But at the same time, I'm doing project
work that has is producing some obvious generic bits that I don't want to
have to re-invent and that no Publisher should have to pay me to create for
them.

Also, as mentioned below, I intend to start coordinating this project's
activities with the Business Documents subcommittee as there is obvious
overlap and potential synergy there.

Cheers,

Eliot