Subject: referencing a bookmap from a map

Proposal 12055 is clear about what we do in the specialized map to
generic map case and also about the specialized map to specialized
map case, but we're not sure what should happen when a generic map
references a specialized map.

For example, what should happen in the following case:

map1
----
	topicref to bookmap2

bookmap2
--------
	frontmatter
		booklists
			Toc
	part referencing a concept
		chapter referencing a task

What are the contexts or roles for the elements in bookmap2?  Unchanged?
Or does the generic topic reference from map1 override the top level
topicrefs in bookmap2 so you end up with something effectively like the
following for bookmap2:

bookmap2
--------
	topicref for frontmatter
		booklists
			Toc
	topicref for part referencing a concept
		chapter referencing a task

Keeping things unchanged preserves the specialized information from a
bookmap,
but it also allows you to create situations using map references that
you
could not create within a single bookmap (e.g., a chapter within a
chapter or
a part within a topic).

On the other hand, if the generic topic reference from map1 overrides
the
top level topicrefs in bookmap2, you couldn't create unexpected
situations, but
you lose all of the specialized information from a bookmap because you
more or
less fallback to the lower common denominator of a generic map.