OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Groups - DITA TC minutes, 2 June 2009 (DITA_TC_meeting_2_June_2009.txt) uploaded

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Minutes recorded by Kristen James Eberlein.

Present: Robert Anderson, Jim Earley, Stan Doherty, Rob Frankland, Su-Laine
Yeo, Kris Eberlein, JoAnn Hackos, Gershon Joseph, Don Day, Chris Kravogel,
Seth Park, Nancy Harrison, Eric Sirois
Regrets: Michael Priestly

Quorum is present.

*  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200906/msg00000.html (26 May
Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Gershon Joseph; motion carried
by acclamation.

Stan Doherty will present on the Help subcommittee for 9 June 2009. We'll
also add an item about the proposed Tech Comm committee for the next
meeting; JoAnn Hackos has gotten interest from people with EMC and Gershon
has arranged for a Cisco representative. Gershon asked that TC members put
out feelers within their organization for people who might be interested in
participating in the new subcommittee. Don asked who is interested in the
mashup subcommittee: Seth Park (Freescale) and Hal Trent (Comtech). Seth is
working with Michael to draft the charter.

4.ITEM: processing-role attribute (Anderson)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200905/msg00047.html (Priestley
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200905/msg00048.html (Ogden
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200905/msg00050.html (Anderson

Robert summarized briefly. The only open question is whether the
processing-role attribute cascades through the map. Robert and Michael are
in favor of this; Jeff Ogden said that he could go either way.
Robert made a motion that processing-role attribute should cascade through
map references; seconded by Gershon Joseph; approved by acclamation.

5. ITEM: Meaningful Values for type= on xref and topicref
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200905/msg00033.html
Action (26 May 2009): Eliot to do a write-up.
In Elliot Kimber's absence, this is left open for next week.

6. ITEM: Section div in LI?
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200905/msg00038.html (Kimber
and following thread)
* http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/25904/12021.html
(original proposal, thanks Robert)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200906/msg00006.html (Kimber
update, in absentia position for today's discussion)
Robert Anderson summarized that Elliot's latest update is out of scope for
DITA 1.2. General consensus that this is a large feature change and should
be considered as a DITA 1.3 feature proposal.

Action (2 June 2009)
Gershon Joseph to add this item ("Section div in LI?) to the Wiki change
about potential DITA 1.3 features.

Authors meeting scheduled for 3 June 2009. Elliot Kimber has contacted
Nancy and Erik Hennum about their specialization topics. Writers have
introduced submaps; need to update spreadsheet to reflect the maps.

Kris Eberlein mentioned that she had built a CHM file of the architectural
spec and would upload it to Kavi.

Gershon brought up a e-mail that he received from Seth Park, who had met up
with a vendor that claimed support for DITA although they did not
understand xref or conref. We'll be looking for a new home for this
information, which currently is essentially hidden in the 1.1 architectural

JoAnn asked whether other people had seem implementations that showed a
lack of understanding of fundamental DITA architecture.

Action (2 June 2009)
All TC members to post to the list about implementation that they are aware
of that reflect vendors' lack of understanding about fundamental DITA
architecture. We'll use this information to help build a better
architectural spec.

Meeting adjourned.

 -- Kristen Eberlein

The document named DITA TC minutes,  2 June 2009
(DITA_TC_meeting_2_June_2009.txt) has been submitted by Kristen Eberlein to
the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC document

Document Description:

View Document Details:

Download Document:  

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email application
may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to copy and paste
the entire link address into the address field of your web browser.

-OASIS Open Administration

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]