Subject: Re: [dita] Organization of Tagname Parameter Entities in DTD Modules

On 7/22/09 9:58 AM, "Robert D Anderson" <robander@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I think I'd also prefer to hold it to 1.3. I know I tried to do something
> of the kind earlier in the process, to make constraint definitions easier,
> but ran in to trouble with domains. Moving the definition of some entities
> to the ENT files meant that they were defined ahead of the domain section,
> meaning that you couldn't extend the elements by re-defining them (first
> definition in the ENT file won). At least, that's what I think happened.
>
> I'm not sure that this is the same thing, but it sounds similar enough that
> I'd really rather hold off until we have more time to test it. Also - I'm
> not sure I entirely understand the issue - which makes me vaguely wonder if
> it's not already possible to do it today (that is, the only place I've seen
> any trouble from the location of entity definitions is with constraints).

Hmmm. Yes, I think more thought is required.

It may be that one cannot always use parameter entities in content model
overrides in shells, now that I think about it more.

So nevermind.

----
Eliot Kimber | Senior Solutions Architect | Really Strategies, Inc.
email:  ekimber@reallysi.com <mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com>
office: 610.631.6770 | cell: 512.554.9368
2570 Boulevard of the Generals | Suite 213 | Audubon, PA 19403
www.reallysi.com <http://www.reallysi.com>  | http://blog.reallysi.com
<http://blog.reallysi.com> | www.rsuitecms.com <http://www.rsuitecms.com>