OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA TC minutes, 4 August 2009

      OASIS DITA Technical Committee Minutes
                Tuesday, 11  August 2009

Recorded by Rob Frankland

8:00-8:05 Roll call (Regrets Eberlein, Gershon, Need scribe for today.)

Quorum today

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200908/msg00028.html (4 
August 2009, Eberlein)

Motion made to approve minutes; seconded by Seth Park; motion carried by

Subcommittee/liaison reports (as needed)

    * OASIS DITA Adoption TC
    * OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Learning Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Help Subcommittee (Stan Doherty)
    * OASIS DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee
    * OASIS DITA Technical Communication SC

      DITA Mashup SC (pending) Seth - Building charter - on agenda next 
week - change name to Dita and Composite environments

      DITA for the Web 2.0 (pending)

      OASIS DITA for Technical Standards Subcommittee (inactive)

Business: Continue first focus on architectural specification

   1. ITEM: DITA specifications
          * Spreadsheet and all topics located in Subversion repository
          * Information about contributors, deadlines, editorial 
guidelines, Subversion clients, and more:

          * Business:
               1. Progress of first review
               2. REVISIT: Conformance statement: 
                      o Gershon updated DITA topic in SVN on 4-AUG and 
requested TC to review it
                      o Keywords are now marked up using <keyword> element
                      o QUESTION; Do we need to mark up conformance 
categories in any way? Gershon thinks we do. They are currently in plain 
text (no markup).
                      o Gershon added additional comments via 
draft-comment/@author="Gershon" to be discussed at next TC meeting.
               3. Tentative revised schedule: 
               4. How to deliver the arch spec -- should it be combined 
with the lang spec?
                      o FOLLOWUP: Kristen delivered updated combined 
draft for TC to consider.
               5. Inheritance vs Cascade: Propagation?: 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00021.html (Kimber)
                Eliot needs to refactor amd rewrite - Sent to editors 
via Wiki
        Does anyone care about this issue? Yes, Paul and Jeff agree that 
we need to define Inheritance vs Cascade and Propagation.
        Action item: Jeff to remind TC last statement about these terms 
via list.
        When TC agrees on terms meaning via the list, Eliot to rewrite 
the affected topics to make it clearer about these terms.
        6. Specialization topics complete - Eliot suggests moving 
element specifc info to element specific doc
        Action item: Move arch spec info to lang spec for element 
specific information

   2. Use of the word "customization" [thread: some comments on the 
Draft DITA 1.2 architecture spec]
          * Action: editorial action for Eliot--check and close if 
      Incorporated Danis Bradley's comments on this issue
   3. New ITEM: Issue: Map element IDs and references to them
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00024.html (Kimber)
      Element IDs in map are not required to be unique currently.
      Action: Michael to read over section for this issue to see if he 
agrees IDs within a map must be unique
   4. New ITEM: Lockmeta issues (Kimber)
          * lockmeta: What is implication of "yes" for map 
                  Union of metadata with map data - map overrides 
element metadata
          * Default For Lockmeta?
                  Action: Eliot to update Lockmeta description to 
describe default behavior
          Item closed
   5. New ITEMS: Proposals for Refinements to Learning and Training Modules
            Move that four proposals be accepted
        Seconded - Rob Frankland
        passed by acclamation
        Action: Eliot to send message to Learning and Training 
subcommittee informing them of this action
          * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00178.html
          * Learning and Training Proposal: Make learningBasebody Optional
          * Learning and Training Proposal: Allow Topicrefs to Nest 
                o NEW 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200908/msg00027.html (revised 
by Kimber)
          * Learning and Training Proposal: New Subelement for 
lcMatchingPair toHold Feedback
          * Learning and Training Proposal: New Base Type for Interactions

Ongoing checks:

   1. ITEM: Domain integrator (no new information 08.11.09)
          * DITA DTD Generator
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00116.html (Robert's 
message with more info)
   2. ITEM: OASIS hosting of a Web GUI
          * Review progress
   3. ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use:
          * Status of DITA OT 1.5 reference implementation of 1.2 features:
                o http://dita.xml.org/wiki/plans-for-dita-ot-15
                o Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use.
   4. ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3
          * Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon)
          * Action check: Gershon to add his research into the DITA 1.3 
Proposals table.
   5. New ITEM: Topichead does not allow keys
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200906/msg00143.html (Kimber)
      Action: Don Day to remove this resolved item

Meeting Adjourned

Rob Frankland
Sock Monkey Consulting, LLC
12408 Kallgren RD NE
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Landline: 206-780-8850
Cell: 206-963-5541

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]