Subject: RE: [dita] Issue: glossary.dtd does not conform to 1.2 spec filenaming rules

I’m inclined to think that we’ve lived with the inconsistency between glossary and glossentry for a couple of years now without serious problems, so we can probably ignore it for DITA 1.2 and deal with it, if it needs to be dealt with at all, as part of DITA 1.3.

Is the problem with the name for glossary.dtd or is it really glossary.ent and glossary.mod that are the problem?

If I create a new map or topic doctype shell that reuses an existing type, but includes a different set of domains or does something different in terms of topic nesting, do I have to use the same file name for the new shell's DTD?  How can that work?

Do we have the same issue with glossary.xsd?

In addition to the file name, is there a problem with the PUBLIC IDs and URIs that we use:

PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DITA Glossary//EN"

PUBLIC "-//OASIS//ELEMENTS DITA Glossary//EN"

PUBLIC "-//OASIS//ENTITIES DITA Glossary//EN"

URI "urn:oasis:names:tc:dita:xsd:glossary.xsd"

URI "urn:oasis:names:tc:dita:xsd:glossaryMod.xsd"

Changing the PUBLIC IDs or URIs would be an even bigger deal than changing the filenames.

    -Jeff