Subject: DITA TC Meeting Minutes from 8 September 2009

Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader, Engineering
Product Development Services

gerjosep@cisco.com
Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Israel
Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT

GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

The DITA Technical Committee met on 8 September 2009 at 08:00am PT for 60
minutes.

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

Roll call
> Quorum was achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00023.html (8 September 2009, Gershon)
> Minutes approved by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports (as needed)

* OASIS DITA Pharmaceutical Content Subcommittee (Steffen confirmed for today)
  > Steffen: The SC is now started. We have had two meetings. Our first formal
  > meeting was on August 27. Our next meeting is scheduled for the last
  > Thursday in September. We are keeping monthly meetings. We have 18 members
  > on out roster. Approximately another 20 people working their way into
  > joining OASIS and intend to join the SC. We expect at least 10 of the
  > largest pharmaceutical companies to participate. We are planning an OASIS
  > webinar on 22 September "Defining DITA for pharmaceutical documents". The
  > purpose of the webinar is to address a broader audience of the
  > pharmaceutical companies around the world. We are working on scoping our
  > work. We want to refine it down to a work breakdown structure so we can
  > assign writing tasks and deadlines and plan our activities. The group is
  > focused on interface between DITA and other standards that support
  > pharmaceutical content.
  > 1) We want to liaise with certain pharmaceutical standards organizations
  > 2) There will be work to be done in mapping some of these other standards
  > into DITA.
  > Also mapping out what the other standards are so we can determine which
  > ones to map to.
  > Group members want to get as close as possible to an enforceable standard

  > Skip the regular SC rotation for pharma SC one time and pick it up after
  > their next meeting (expect update about a month from today).

  > Next week the Adoption TC will provide an update.

* OASIS DITA for Technical Standards Subcommittee (inactive)
  > ACTION: Gershon to send Seth the new admin alias.

ITEM: DITA 1.2 specification (Revised for the September 8 TC meeting, Joseph)

* Business:

  * Progress report on architectural spec
    > Gershon updated TC on progress to-date.

  * Finalize names of the components: The following are the current names in
    the TOC of the spec:

    * Base
      > The TC agreed to change this to "Basic"

    * Technical content
      > Gershon asked the TC whether this name is accurate. "Tech comm" is not
      > useful. After some discussion, the TC agreed that it's not very
      > descriptive, but no better proposals came up. Stay with this one.

      > The TC noted the need to also match the package names to these TOC
      > section names.

    * Learning and training

  * Outstanding action items:

    * Add hazard-statement graphics to applicable lang ref topics (Kravogel)

      > Kris noted she has not received anything from the Machinery SC.
      > ACTION: Kris to ping Chris K.

* Follow up:

  * Action: Eliot on lockmeta updates
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00021.html

  * Under specification for @refcol
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00024.html (Day)
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00048.html (Kristen reply)
    > The spec is supposed to indicate that any of the items in that column
    > would be used as a key lookup somewhere else. The assumption was human
    > readable text would be good enough to do the look-up, e.g. associating
    > API names with target topics based on string matching plus semantic
    > scoping. This is a shorthand for wrapping a keyword around the whole
    > column.
    > ACTION: Gershon to add it to 1.3 list
    > ACTION Robert to ensure this states "reserved for future use."
    > CLOSED.

 * order for lang ref files
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00042.html (Kristen reply)
   > ACTION: Su-Laine and Kris to continue offline and copy Michael and Gershon.
   > CONTINUED.

New item: "Introduction to DITA" topics
 * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200909/msg00006.html (Eberlein)
 * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200909/msg00007.html (Joseph)
 * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/200909/msg00008.html (Kimber)
 * continued discussion

> CLOSED.

New ITEM: Issue: glossary.dtd does not conform to 1.2 naming specs (rate as a 1.2 bug?)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00022.html (Kimber)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200909/msg00034.html (Ogden, "1.3?")

> Insufficient time to complete this item. The following captures the discussion
> during the meeting:

> For consideration: Editorial team to address "glossary" topic error and also
> update any list of file/module names.

> For consideration: Robert and Eric to update the DTDs/schema with Eliot's
> suggested fix. New public identifiers should use "Glossary Entry" in their
> value. The existing (old) public identifiers must remain unchanged.

> For consideration: Gershon to add to 1.3 list.

> CONTINUED. Need to understand impact before making motion for the above
> changes.

*** Meeting Adjourned ***