Subject: RE: [dita] Why There are Constraints on Conref

Isn't the real problem here the inability to include the same DITA topic
type more than once with different constraints (or different domains or
different topic nesting) in a Ditabase?  And isn't that limitation due
to limitations about what can be done using DTDs?  Would the limitation
go away if we could use XSDs rather than DTDs? Wouldn't removing the
limitation be a better long term solution for this issue?  It seems sad
to have to live with the limitation if a better solution exists using
XSDs.

I'm pretty sure that no matter what we do now in terms of what we
include in DITA 1.2 and how much we try to explain this, that these
issues are going to cause confusion for a lot of people as long as the
limitation with Ditabases remains.

   -Jeff

It