Subject: RE: [dita] Order for elements in the base language reference

I like the overall organization.

I have reservations about the heading "Metadata elements" because that
may imply that indexing and delayed conref resolution elements are
included when we use the word "metadata" or the phrase "metadata
elements" elsewhere in the specification.  If all of those elements can
always be considered "metadata elements" and the rules for processing
metadata elements apply to them all, then my reservation is withdrawn.
Or if some elements in the category aren't considered "metadata
elements" for the purposes of processing, an alternative is to find all
occurrences of the term "metadata" and the phrase "metadata elements"
and make sure that exactly which elements are included is defined
somewhere nearby.  In fact this later approach is probably a good idea
anyway.

Where in the list of topic elements will the "dita" element appear?  As
long as it isn't at the top or very near the top, I'm OK with its
placement as a topic element.  The description just needs to make it
clear that "dita" isn't a topic element like other topic elements, it is
a super topic element and it cannot be specialized.

   -Jeff