Subject: Authors, can we meet our 19 October deadline for the 3rd review?

Authors, below is a table that contains my assessment of the work to be done before the 3rd review opens. (John Hunt, I haven't added an assessment for the L & T topics since the subcommittee doesn't expect to be finished with the review until 13 October.)

Please look over the following table and get back to me as soon as you can with the following information:
  • Are the authoring assignments correct? (If so, no need to let me know)
  • Do you need someone else to take over part of your current assignment? (Seth, I know you wanted someone else to own a topic or two ...)
  • Can you meet the 13 October deadline? If not, what deadline could you meet?
  • Would having help from someone speed up the progress of the work?
Elliot and JoAnn, I'd like to volunteer to work on the "Introduction to DITA" topics if that would be helpful.

Document

Section

Topic collection

Author

Review #2 comments / work to be done

Status

DITA 1.2 specification
Overview of the specification
 Eberlein
Moderate
Will be ready for review #3: 19 October 2009
Architectural spec

Introduction to DITA

 Hackos

 Kimber
Very substantial
Needs discussion to determine how to handle vocabulary, among other points

DITA markup

DITA topics
 Hackos
Moderate

DITA maps
 Eberlein
Minimal
Will be ready for review #3: 19 October 2009
DITA addressing and linking
Seth Park
Substantial:
  1. Some (all?) material might need to be relocated to processing
  2. Needs to incorporate mater material about @xref and @keyref that currently in the Language Reference topics.

DITA metadata
Joseph
No review #2 comments; review #1 comments stated that this section was weak and needed rethinking

Processing

ID attribute Park Substantial

Navigation behaviors
Attribute inheritance
Navigation artifacts.
Content reference
Profiling with select attributes
Chunking  Anderson
Minimal

Printing
Park
Minimal -- do we need a new author for this topic?

Collation Minimal -- do we need a new author for this topic?
Translation and localization  Hackos Moderate
The xml:lang attribute
The dir attribute
Element-by-element recommendations for translators

 Anderson

Minimal

Specialization

 Kimber

Substantial

Configuration and extension

 Kimber

Moderate (but has it been adequately reviewed, especially topics about XSD topics?)

Technical content

 Hackos

Moderate

Learning and training

Hunt

Language reference

Base

 Anderson
Minimal comments, but needs to implement new terminology:
  • Cascading versus inheritance
  • Referencing and referenced element

Technical content

 Anderson?

Learning and training

Hunt

Common attributes

Robert Anderson

Substantial -- some material needs to be relocated in the arch spec topics