Subject: RE: [dita] RE: Suggested schedule for DITA 1.2 specification -- feedback?

A lot will depend on the TC's ability to resolve a number of remaining
issues with enough time before the December 1st deadline to give the
writers a chance to make any changes that those decisions require.  That
probably means that the TC has to resolve everything at its Nov. 10th
and 17th calls.  That would leave the writers two weeks to finish their
work, but one of those weeks is Thanksgiving week here in the U.S.  And
remember that there are changes to the DTDs and XSDs that need to be
ready on more or less this same schedule.

And so, like others, I'm hopeful that the schedule that Kris outlined is
workable. I think the TC will need to work hard to get its end of things
done.  I think we should see where we stand toward the end of the TC
call on Nov. 10th and, if necessary, schedule extra calls and/or make
the call on the 17th two hours long.

   -Jeff