Subject: RE: [dita] Conref of topicref to topicref: are relative URIs rewritten?

Isn't this just a specific example of the same problem that comes up in many contexts with conref?  For example using the same setup as in the original example, but with somewhat more content:

  <topicref id="tr-01" href=""../topics/topic-01.dita"" >

      <topicref href=""../topics/topic-01.dita"" />

  </topicref>

If tr-01 is conrefed, should the two @href values reference to the same file or not?

I assume that the presence or absence of processing-role="resource-only" doesn't make any difference here, but if I've missed something, please let me know.

Unless I've misunderstood something, I just don’t think that this is an issue that we can take on at this late stage of the DITA 1.2 cycle.

Note that if this were a key definition (it isn't), then the answer would be clear because the draft DITA 1.2 specification says:

A relative URI in an href attribute on a key definition is resolved relative to the location of the key definition rather than relative to the location of the key reference.

   -Jeff