Subject: vocabulary module [was: results from recent DITA 1.2 terminology discussions]

Could you clarify the phrase "unit of element type or attribute type
declaration" please?
Do you mean "unit of ... declarations"? Would "set of ... declarations"
be equivalent?

> For a given map type,
> topic type, or domain, there is exactly one vocabulary module
> that defines it.

Are there any vocabulary modules that do not define a map type, topic
type, or domain?

If not, could we say something like this?

The uniquely-named collection of element type and attribute type
declarations that defines a map type, topic type, or domain.

> An abstract module may be implemented by any
> number of different constraint mechanisms (DTDs, XSDs, etc.).
> However, for a given constraint mechanism, there should be at
> most one authoritative declaration of the module.

We already said it is unique. ("The ... collection ... that defines"
says there's just one.) We already know that anything in DITA may be
implemented by DTD or XSD. If there's a gotcha to warn about, maybe it
should be stated more explicitly elsewhere.

Could the definition thus be reduced to that one sentence?

	/Bruce