Subject: RE: [dita] conref.dita editorial review

I think you're right, we'll tie ourselves in knots if we try to pack all
that into one sentence. Currently, the paragraph that follows
immediately after this one talks about topicmeta.

    A key may also be bound to an element within the <topicmeta>
    of the key-defining <keydef> or <topicref>. The content of
    that element is rendered as the content of the referenced
    element. A referenced element thus bound can therefore be
    used as a variable, and the content of the bound element in
    the definition provides a way to set the variable's value in
    the map.

Is that sufficient? Would this be better if we began that paragraph by
saying "in addition to the resource addressed by <keydef> or
<topicref>"?

Note that the lang ref topic on <topicmeta> says nothing about this. The
closest it comes is this:

    In addition,
    it can be used to add index entries to referenced content
    using the <keywords> element.