Subject: Re: [dita] Terminology issues: use of @attribute

On 12/3/09 9:48 PM, "Tony Self" <tself@hyperwrite.com> wrote:

> Hi Kris
>
> Would you use the formal notation within any mark-up, or just as plain text? I
> am thinking that being able to extract a list of references to elements or
> attributes within a document would be useful to me (in some cases), but
> without any particular semantic wrapper...

The DITA For Publishers project includes an "XML domain" with mention
elements for elements, attributes, text entites, parameter entities, and
numeric character references. I use it in all of my documentation where I
need to identify mentions of XML constructs.

See http://dita4publishers.sourceforge.net/ for access to the materials and
a modicum of documentation.

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 610.631.6770