OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes - 8 December 2009

Here are minutes from today's meetings. If I missed something important,
please feel free to chime in.

Best Regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators
(970) 231-3624 

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes
Date:  Tuesday, 08 December 2009
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage

8:00-8:05 Roll call

> Quorum achieved

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
    * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200912/msg00156.html (1
December 2009, Joseph) 

> Approved

Subcommittee/liaison reports (as needed)
    * OASIS DITA for the Web 2.0 Subcommittee (Hunt?)

> Getting started. Talking with other sub-committees. In discovery
> mode, but making good progress.

   1. ITEM: DITA 1.2 specification (edited by Kris Eberlein and
      Gershon Joseph, 7 December 2009)

          * Spreadsheet and spec source files located in the TC's
            Subversion repository
          * Information about contributors, deadlines, editorial
            guidelines, Subversion clients, and more
          * Business:
               1. Home page for review #3: Sign-up sheet, review
                  status, download draft, and portal to Wiki review
               2. Unresolved comments from review #2
                      o Kris sent email to the authors who have
outstanding comments
                      o Need authors to commit to delivery date in order
to close draft 3 release 
> Kris and Gershon went through the outstanding comments with the
> following results:
> Dita Processing Topics: Stan Doherty volunteered, will discuss
>            offline with Gershon.
> Configuration and extension: Under discussion with Eliot.
> Technical Content: Dick Hamilton will check his comments and update
>            what he can. He will take other comments to the list.
> Learning and training: John Hunt will handle comments by Friday. Two
>            sections are already complete.
> Conformance: Spec doesn't match conformance statement. Jeff will
>            take current statement, cut it down, then work with some
>            volunteers to create. Gershon will help. Other volunteers
>            needed.
> Appendices: Gershon will take this on. Robert will help.
               3. Naming convention for strict task and
                  general/generic task
> Question: has it been handled throughout? Appears to have been.
               4. Current schedule: (see FrontPage)
> If comments can be handled by this Friday, current schedule for Review
> should hold, if not, schedule will slip.
> Asked for reviewers for 3rd review. Reviewers found for most sections.
> The review page has been updated. Refer to that page for details.
> Still need reviewers for:
>  * Language reference: Base all sub-sections
>  * Appendices
> Could use additional reviewers for most sections; members are welcome
> to look at other sections, too.
> Kris will update the review list to show appendix titles.
> Content for review will be published by Friday, Dec. 11. Review to be
> complete by January 5. If content cannot be published by Friday, the
> schedule will be pushed out by a week.
> Links to chm and html will be posted for review. 

   2. ITEM: Foreign Generalization: Should be moved to a non-normative
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200911/msg00186.html (Kimber)
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200912/msg00028.html (Kimber
proposed wording) 
   3. New ITEM: Normative language specification
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200912/msg00022.html (Park) 
   4. New ITEM: Terminology issues: Grouping of terms
> Resolved prior to meeting.
   5. New ITEM: Terminology issues: Linking and addressing terms
> Resolved prior to meeting.
   6. New ITEM: Should we refine the rules for filename generation for
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200912/msg00063.html (Kimber) 
   7. New ITEM: What are implications of  for keyspace construction?
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200912/msg00145.html (Kimber) 
   8. New ITEM: Metadata Elements

> Remaining items deferred to next week. None of the open items need to
be closed
> to complete the preparatory work for review #3.

Ongoing checks

8:50-8:55 Announcements/Opens

8:55 Adjourn 

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]