Subject: RE: [dita] Filtering logic for <enumerationdef> element

Thanks Jeff for the summary. Regarding item #2, I also believe it should be left out. I assume that we if nobody asks for it to be re-added, we don’t need to discuss it further, right?

Su-Laine

Su-Laine Yeo
Solutions Consultant

JustSystems Canada, Inc.
Office: 778-327-6356
syeo@justsystems.com

www.justsystems.com

XMetaL Community Forums: http://forums.xmetal.com/

From: Ogden, Jeff [mailto:jogden@ptc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:52 AM
To: Su-Laine Yeo; Eliot Kimber
Cc: dita

So, if I'm following this discussion correctly, this issue is pretty much resolved:

1.  The feature as approved by the DITA TC stays in as part of DITA 1.2.

2.  There is still a question about a part of proposal being omitted from the draft DITA 1.2 spec. and what, if anything, we should do about that.  Robert suggested leaving it out of DITA 1.2.

3.  We'll try to come up with a better process for DITA 1.3.

So what do we want to do about item #2?  If the omitted description was really part of the proposal that was approved by the TC, is there a reason not to include it now other than that that is more work for the 4th review and we are getting tired?  To be legalistic, to leave something out that was previously approved by a vote of the TC really requires another vote by the TC.  I guess we don’t have to be legalistic about everything and I could live with this either way.  Mostly we just need to make a decision.

   -Jeff