Subject: RE: [dita] Success generating PDF for Language Reference

Hi Eliot

I put together a basic customization file set to allow DITA Adoption TC
whitepapers in the OASIS format to be produced from DITA source. I have
uploaded the customization files to the Support document area in Kavi. I
have also uploaded some documentation for the Customization, including a
sample whitepaper.

I'm not sure how suitable this will be for the much more complex language
reference, but I hope it might be of some use in the process. I am happy to
help out further when time permits.

Regards

Tony Self

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Kimber [mailto:ekimber@reallysi.com]
Sent: Monday, 11 January 2010 5:40 AM
To: dita

I have successfully generated PDF for the full language reference. We need
to do some more mechanical work to make a draft that is worth making
available, but I have passed the first major hurdle, which was just getting
the process to run at all.

I will be setting up a DITA spec-specific Toolkit plugin to manage
spec-specific customizations and whatnot and will add that to the SVN
repository here in the next day or two. Anyone who would like to contribute
to customizing the PDF2 process to better emulate the OASIS style and
otherwise support things we need for the spec (such as a cover page, custom
handling of reference entries, etc.) will be very welcome. I'm happy to
drive the activity and coordinate as it's right in line with other client
and product work I'm doing at the moment, but there's more that needs doing
than I can realistically do by myself.

Cheers,

Eliot

Senior Solutions Architect