OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for TC Meeting, 2 Feb 2010

Agenda for 2 February 2010 DITA TC Meeting/Call

Minutes taken by Don Day

8:00-8:05 Roll call

Approve minutes from previous business meetings:
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201001/msg00181.html (26
January, 2010 Day)
Don moved, Bruce seconded; accepted by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports: Skipped for today

1. ITEM: DITA 1.2 specification
1. Conformance topic review: lots of comment. Gershon polled for any
missing items. Eliot will review comments, was advised to send messages to
the TC. Keeping this item open until Eliot can resolve all (requesting a
quick scan for advising the list), and we can aim to complete it next week.

2. Review of Tools and DITA Awareness topic. Consensus that it won't be
part of the spec. Jeff had some comments. What is next step? Adoption TC?
JoAnn thought it would be appropriate, fits along with Compliance List for
example. Consensus to do so--this will go to JoAnn for the Adoption TC.

3. Update on PDF output: Kris thanked Eliot for the help in getting all the
bits in place. Kris asked if someone would help test drive the
instructions. Stan agreed to try. Dick Hamilton also to try. Action for
Kris to get these instructions to Stan and Dick; also to cc the TC on that
note. Eliot's runs take about 25 min on a recent Mac. Action for Kristen to
add a wiki page for PDF formatting issues that Joe Gelb (Suite Solutions)
can see for updates

4. Author's review comments: Schedule gated by Gershon's illness last week.

5. Overlapping/redundant content: discussion about loads and issues. MP
Suggested SWAT teams of folks who know the content well, schedule calls for
slogging through the issues--determine which topics should get the edits.
Principals: MP, Jeff, RDA (prereq to generate a "hit list" of what to work
on). All authors to commit to comb through their pages and identify items
that still need work. Action: Kristen will send out to the TC list how to
set an anchor for fast reference back to relevant sections. Compile the
list remaining issues by next TC meeting, and decide there how to proceed.
Authors need to update hanging items as quickly as possible in advance of
generating that list.

6. Packaging:
Jeff : two issues. 1. what docs, to produce, what organization needed 2.
Which packages needed. The sum total of all required docs for a package
should be in the package.
Hunt: L&T leverages general components that themselves include other
domains. Where do we draw the lines?
Kristen: for lack of a proposal for packaging, she is willing to build
prototypes for base, technical content, complete as docs that might
accompany a package (no DTDs for now), so that we can look at them and
decide. Accepted as an action for Kristen by next TC.

8:59 Adjourned

(See attached file: 2Feb2010_DITA_TC_Minutes.txt)

Don Day
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Architect, Lightweight DITA Publishing Solutions
Email: dond@us.ibm.com
11501 Burnet Rd. MS9033E015, Austin TX 78758
Phone: +1 512-244-2868 (home office)

"Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
 Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"
   --T.S. Eliot


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]