Subject: Re: [dita] Instructions for "Configuring your build environment togenerate OASIS-styled PDFs"

On 2/4/10 5:59 PM, "Dick Hamilton" <rlhamilton@frii.com> wrote:

> I bumped the two space values in your instructions to 2000, things ran a
> bit longer, and I got the following error:
>
> transform.fo2pdf.xep:
> [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
> space

That almost certainly means you didn't update the fo plugin with the patched
version of build.xml. That patch explicitly sets the max memory for each of
the three forked Java calls. Without the patch production of large docs will
always fail.

Open demos/fo/build.xml and look for "<java ". Each call that specifies
fork="yes" should also specify maxmemory="${max.java.memory}".

You can then set the max.java.memory Ant property to whatever you need, up
to about 1500 Meg or so for a 32-bit JVM. Using more than that also requires
setting a flag to turn on 64-bit mode in the JVM. But that shouldn't be
necessary for the full spec.

Cheers,

Eliot

Senior Solutions Architect