Subject: RE: [dita] acknowledgements [was: Minutes for DITA TC Meeting, 16 Feb2010]

I agree in principle, Paul - though I would need more discussion of whether other roles besides Editor/Authors should be acknowledged, and how we phrase the acknowledgement so as not to obscure the fact that everyone who at least spoke up at some point in the development of this of that feature actively participated in the 1.2's development.

--Dana

-----Original Message-----
From: Grosso, Paul [mailto:pgrosso@ptc.com]
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:26 PM
To: DITA TC list

There is a difference between editors of a spec and
membership in the TC that develops a spec.

I suggest that what Gershon should prepare is a list
of "editors" (and he can interpret that as he wishes,
but I would tend to stick to authors of text and schemas,
not commentors and reviewers).

Then we have some section (I would not call it Acknowledg(e)ments)
that says something like:

 The DITA 1.2 specification is a product of the OASIS DITA
 Technical Committee.  The committee members at the time
 of publication were:

 [and then list all current members of the TC]

paul