Subject: Review 3 Comments: Customization Section

The comments for this topic (archSpec/speclimits.dita) are essentially an
argument between MP and Dana Spradley over what this section should be. I
agree with MP that I did distort some of the discussion when I originally
rewrote it to be "Customization" rather than "Limits of
specialization"--that needs fixing.

At the same time, the reason we decided to rename the section
"Customization", largely at Dana's urging, was to make it clearer that doing
the things described in the topic that are truly customization are just
that, customization that makes the result useful (presumably) but not
strictly conforming.

So this topic needs to be rewritten a bit, but before we do that we need to
resolve the disagreement between MP and Dana about where this topic should
go and what is should be called.

When we first formulated it we did not have the appendixes. Now that we do
I'm starting to think it should go there since it's really about stuff you
can do that explicitly is not conforming but may be useful for practical
reasons. That sounds like an appendix to me.

In any case, I'm passing responsibility for this section back to Dana and MP
to come to resolution on what to do with it. Once that decision is made I
can implement their decision if necessary (since I did the initial rewrite
to which MP correctly objects).

Senior Solutions Architect
Main: 610.631.6770
www.reallysi.com