Subject: keyref and keydef: change to the DITA 1.2 spec., DTDs, and XSDs needed?

Included below is an e-mail exchange between Robert and myself.  The long and short of it is that we think that the "special" defaults for @toc, @print, and @linking on <keydef> in the DTDs and XSDs need to be removed and the DITA 1.2 specification needs to be updated to have a somewhat longer list of attributes that should not be merged as part of key reference resolution processing.  This note is to see if the rest of the DITA TC agrees.

   -Jeff