Subject: FW: Work for one of your topics

Hi TC members:

We apparently have a missing piece of information in the Task Topic
discussion.

"Maintaining specializations using the strict task model
Organizations that have created specializations based on the DITA 1.0
and 1.1 strict task model must DO WHAT? to maintain their
specializations."

What advice and recommendations should we give people now that we have
the general task and the constrained task topic types?

Thanks for your help,
JoAnn

JoAnn Hackos PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
Skype joannhackos

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristen James Eberlein [mailto:kris@eberleinconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 10:33 AM
To: JoAnn Hackos
Cc: Eric Sirois
Subject: Work for one of your topics

Below is an e-mail from Eric Sirois. Do you need more information from
people in order to handle this comment/make appropriate changes to the
topic? If so, please post to the list and let's see if we can get this
handled this week.

How are you doing? I got worried about you when you mentioned the
numbness in your hand on the Adoption TC call yesterday.

I noticed a comment in text that hadn't been addressed.  I added a
comment in the following page :
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/TCInformationTypes3#Tasktopic.28strictta
sk.29

<snip>
*/Eric [2010-03-30]:/* - I think the following comment at the bottom of
this topic needs to be addressed.

" Maintaining specializations using the strict task model Organizations
that have created specializations based on the DITA 1.0 and 1.1 strict
task model must DO WHAT? to maintain their specializations. "
</snip>

I also updated the status of that section on the front page of the wiki
to reflect the addition of the comment.

Kind regards,
Eric
Eric A. Sirois
Staff Software Developer
DB2 Universal Database - Information Development
DITA XML Schema Architect and DITA Open Toolkit Developer
IBM Canada Ltd. - Toronto Software Lab
Email: _esirois@ca.ibm.com_ <mailto:esirois@ca.ibm.com>
Phone:(905) 413-2841_
__Blue Pages_
<http://bluepages.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bluepages.pl?searchcnum=009764649&dire
ctory=ALL>
(Internal)
/
"Transparency and accessibility requirements dictate that public
information and government
transactions avoid depending on technologies that imply or impose a
specific product or
platform on businesses or citizens" - _EU on XML-based office document
formats._/