OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA TC meeting minutes - 6 April 2010

Hi team,
As requested, I'm rushing these minutes out since some actions must be addressed today.

Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader, Engineering
Product Development Services

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

The DITA Technical Committee met on 6 April 2010 at 08:00am PT for 57 

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

Roll call

> Quorum was achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201003/msg00089.html (29 March 2010 meeting, Doherty)
  * question about dates, Grosso
  * correction to minutes about schedule, Eberlein
> Paul had 2 amendments:
> * 1) Dates, which Kristen updated via email.
> * 2) Issue regarding Don's action item to check with Mary about corrigenda.
> Minutes approved as amended in Paul's email. Paul Seconded. Approved by 
> acclamation.


1. ITEM: Status of review #3 comments 
   * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/TechReview3#Reviewstatus.3AAuthor.27sprogress
   * Still open; date to close?
> Eliot will work with Eric Sirois to close the XSD item EOB tomorrow.
> Eliot: In rework in file naming conventions, current file talks about CSS and
> XSL file naming, but I could not remember where we said that should go. 
> MP: I think we said Appendix.
> Eliot: The change I made was adding a topic to the introduction file
> naming conventions for all content, and left the file naming conventions for
> the DTD and schema in the introduction to configuration and specialization
> section. 
> MP: We agreed to include them in both places. 
> Eliot agreed to do this.
> JH: Robert and I finalized the task topic over the weekend.

2. ITEM: Closure on overlapping/redundant content issue 
>  Covered earlier in this meeting (see item 1 above)

3. ITEM: Status of open topics: 
   a. Acknowledgments topic (Don)
> Don: in progress, will be put in subversion later today.
   b. "Map-to-map" cascading (Anderson)
> Robert checked in updates yesterday and it's ready for draft 4.

4. ITEM: Check on schedule: 
   * 5 April 2010 -- Writers complete addressing all review #3 comments.
> KE: We're closing our last topics today/tomorrow, so let's go ahead and build
> our next review.
> Asked Stan to help building the Wiki review pages for review 4.
> Robert created some XSL scripts that generate review Wiki pages from the 
> Eclipse output. Stan and Kris to try it out.
> NOTE TO ALL AUTHORS: Any changes to files must be made by EOB today; add 
> <draft-comments> for anything to be addressed after we go to review #4. No 
> comments should be added to the 3rd review pages at this time -- instead wait
> for the 4th review Wiki pages and add them there.
   * 12-30 April 2010 -- Fourth internal review.
> KE: On track to launch review no later than 12 April.

5. ITEM: Disposition of comment from Jarno Elovirta 
   * DITA 1.2 attribute domain naming conventions 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/201002/msg00000.html 
> Robert: Jarno pointed out 2 places in the spec that seem to contradict. I 
> think we should do the update the other way to preserve DITA 1.1 pattern 
> instead of the way Jarno requested that would use a new pattern that's not 
> the same as 1.1.
> TC consensus to make the suggested change.
> ACTION: Robert to either update the topic today or add Review #4 comment if 
> unable to update the topic by EOB today. 

6. ITEM: Link text and key references 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201004/msg00000.html (Nitchie) 
   * A resurrected discussion that needs closure. Review Chris's suggested 
     text for proposal and approval. 
> Chris N: Topic on keyref discusses elements with @href and elements without
> @href. The case for non-@href is clear. The case for @href is not clear how 
> processors should behave. I think the fallback linktext should be used -- need
> to clarify that the spec says what we mean it to say.
> ACTION: Chris N to suggest wording change for spec and add it to the Wiki 
> review #4 comments.
> Revisit next week.

7. New ITEM: build Wiki pages for the review? 
   * Stan previously volunteered; confirm that he can do it this week. 
> Covered in item above.
> CLOSED per Kristen's comment above.

8. New ITEM: Disposition of Task comment "DO WHAT?" 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201003/msg00087.html (Sirois and Hackos) 
> JH: In the task description there is a cross reference to Robert's description
> of how to handle the migration issues of previous specializations ("migrating 
> dita 1.1 to 1.2).
> Robert: This item is done. The comments will be added to the draft 4 Wiki. 

9. New ITEM: Base vs. non-base 
   * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201003/msg00092.html (Hamilton) 
> Dick: Base in spec (e.g. <title>) content model includes elements in non-base
> domains (eg. <apiname>). Package includes the "base" directory, but is missing
> the topic and map shell DTDs. Same issue with XSDs.
> ACTION: Robert and Eric to create the required base shells.
> Kristen: We do have a known issue that the base elements in the spec
> documentation have the full content model. The TC agreed in a previous meeting
> to defer handling this documentation issue to the DITA 1.3 spec release.
> The above-mentioned DTD and schema changes must be in place for review #4.


>Don raised the idea of having a TC meeting at the CMS/DITA 2010 conference. 
> JoAnn to investigate possibilities for folks to participate in a call. 
> The TC will revisit this next week in light of possible business we may or 
> may not have for the meeting that week.

*** Meeting adjourned after 57 minutes ***

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]