OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes from meeting on 13 April 2010


Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader, Engineering
Product Development Services

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

The DITA Technical Committee met on 13 April 2010 at 08:00am PT for 60 

Chaired by Don Day <xmlmeister@gmail.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

Roll call

> Quorum was achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201004/msg00015.html (6 April 2010 meeting, Joseph)
> Minutes accepted by acclamation (Don moved, Kristen seconded).

Action Item Review: (new standing item)

 * http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php 
   * Gershon to give brief demo of the KAVI action item tracking tool. He'll 
     use WebEx for the demo.
> Gershon gave a demo of the action tracking tool.
> Don noted that we'll use this tool moving forward, allowing us to track
> actions via the system instead of keeping business items open to review its
> actions. We will review open (and closed) actions at the start of each 
> meeting, as a new standard agenda item.


ITEM: Volunteers to review key sections of the architectural spec topics 
 * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/TechReview4#Reviewstatus.3AReviewer.27sprogress 
 * Hot areas: Metadata, Processing, "Configuration, extension, and constraints," Appendices 
> Members volunteered to review sections. The review table in the above link 
> will be updated to reflect the assignments.

ITEM: PDF formatting: Changes needed before public review? 
 * Volunteer to coordinate this work effort? 
 * Work effort involves the following tasks: 
   * Scan PDF and identify problems (we can divide this into several chunks, 
     each for separate people) 
   * Triage problems into what must be addressed before public review and what 
     can be addressed during it 
   * Modify OASIS-styled XSL transformation 
   * Communicate with Suite Solutions about problems that concern their work 
   * http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/PDFFormattingIssues 
> Kris: Examples of issues are dead links, text overruns in table cells.
> JoAnn offered to scan the arch spec portion.
> Dick will scan the PDFs of the topics he's reviewing.
> Gershon offered to review the PDFs as well.
> All issues must be logged on the above Wiki page.
> Gershon to drive the PDF formatting activity, with Don helping with issue 
> resolution.

ITEM: Link text and key references 
 * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201004/msg00000.html (Nitchie) 
 * Review Chris Nitchie's suggested text for proposal and approval (see Review 
> CLOSED (see Chris's AI in KAVI).

ITEM: Review meeting schedule for next week (DITA CIDM conference timing) 
> No meeting next week 20th April. Next meeting will be on 27th April at 
> regular time.

*** Meeting adjourned after 60 minutes ***

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]