OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes from DITA TC meeting on 8 June 2010


Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader, Engineering
Product Development Services

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

The DITA Technical Committee met on 8 June 2010 at 08:00am PT for 51 

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

Roll call
* Regrets: Paul Grosso, JoAnn Hackos, Dick Hamilton

> Quorum was achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00001.html (1 June Gershon) 

> Minutes accepted by acclamation. Moved by Don; Seconded by Kristen.

Subcommittee/liaison reports

* OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee (Chris K)

> Chris not on the call, so pick this up next week.

Review open Action Items: 
* http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php 

> #90 - Don to check the validity of names in the list before sending the topic out for review. Also write up a rationale and put that to the TC list.

Comments: (Track and close on replies)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/ 

> No new comments.


ITEM: Report on the editors' Friday meeting with Mary McRae 

> Kris: Don, Robert, Michael, and I met with Mary. We can leave in shortdescs 
> provided we provide some way of formatting it and include an explanation of 
> it in XHTML output. We agreed to work all of Mary's other concerns for PDF 
> and XHTML deliverables.

ITEM: Status of work on PDF 
* Specific stylistic issues that Mary raised 
* PDFs of the spec are in SVN in the releasesdita12-full subdirectory/ 
  * One generated with Antenna House, another generated with RenderX 
* Mary's comments can be seen and progress tracked at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/CD01#PDF 

> Seth: Cover page generated from DITA topic and formatting is there.
> Some minor issues still to resolve still around xrefs and numbering.
> Antenna House has some font issues I need to address.
> All TC and Mary requirements have now been met.
> The TC is requested to review and provide feedback on PDFs in SVN.
> All issues in the table linked above have been addressed.

> ACTION: Stan D to review the PDFs Seth uploaded against the issues list to 
> check for any outstanding items. Don also volunteered to perform this review.
> This action item is due in next 24 hours.

ITEM: Status of work on XHTML and CHM output 
* All work completed except for manually numbering appendices with letters 
* Progress tracked at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/CD01#XHTML 

> Kris: Robert delivered renumbering of appendices this morning. The new 
> plug-in has some CSS glitches I'll work out with Robert today. Other than 
> that, we've gotten everything!

ITEM: Discuss new topics and establish plan for reviewing/finalizing them 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00016.html (origin of discussion) 
* Normative references (normative-references.dita) 
* Non-normative references (non-normative-references.dita) 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00045.html ("New topics to review" chm upload) 

> Kris: I updated the topics to follow people's suggestions on the email list. 
> I now need TC members to review the topics this week so we can vote on the 
> updated content next meeting.

> ACTION: Bruce, Eliot to review the topics by Friday.

> Add the following non-normative references: Archetypal forms article on 
> DeveloperWorks and the original roadmap.
> ACTION: Don to dig up these links.

> ACTION: All TC members to review the topics in the CHM and send comments to 
> the list by Friday.

ITEM: Formatting conventions in the XHTML version of the spec (formatting-conventions-xhtml-output.dita) 
* All dita topics are in the root dita directory in SVN 

> ACTION: All TC members to review this new topic, which is included in the 
> CHM linked to in the previous business item. Combine this action with the 
> previous one.

ITEM: Namespace document: 
* Eliot's editing of my draft (in SVN, build/DITA1.2-namespace.html) 
* OASIS template for namespace documents: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/namespace.html 
* http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/38161/DITA1.2-namespace.html

> Kris: My concern is Mary is insisting on a namespace document and what our TC 
> is doing does not strictly abide by the OASIS template. 

> ACTION: Don to send Mary a note with the URL to this document and see what 
> she needs and/or wants us to do to this doc to move forward.

ITEM: Schedule update -- when can we have all the work done? Help needed for the PDF? The namespace document? 

> The TC agreed to aim at voting on the updated CD 01 at next weeks' meeting 
> with all of the needed updates in place.

*** Meeting adjourned after 51 minutes ***

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]