Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 June 2010
DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 15 June 2010 at 08:00am PT for
from previous business meeting
Machine Industry Subcommittee -- Chris Kravogel reporting
Preparing for DITA 1.3 in f2f meeting last November in Munich.
Table of required kinds of information and product life cycle stages,
with priorities. Process is to identify those already covered by DITA
and those requiring work, then to propose specializations.
TC members are asked to review this for completeness and send any
questions to Kris Kravogel.
reminded of his action item on ordered lists.
thanks to those who have closed their actions.
Review normative and non-normative resources: Bruce & Paul
completed, Eliot relieved of responsibility
PDF issues: Seth near completion, a few remaining problems.
go out as unfinished items in this Committee Draft. May want a
wiki page for TC issues separate from the public review issues.
behind schedule, gated by a few open items.
ITEM: Status of remaining updates
Comments disposition for Public Review
Kris was surprised to see changes after she posted renditions
ITEM: Status of work on PDF
Status and discussion. This item remains open until Seth's action item
Seth: We only need one formatter working to deliver PDF to Mary
(AntennaHouse). Thinks that Mary's formatting issues have been
resolved, need to verify.
4. ITEM: OASIS formatting conventions on XHTML and CHM output
Consistency of numbering between HTML and PDF: Filtering some items in
HTML/PDF is expected to throw numbering out of synch. In XHTML
Appendices are numbered 5 plus letters, PDF just Appendices. Kris will
fix manually, only one or two spots. With the following action, all
work done. Close.
will fix the numbering in the XHTML to match the uploaded PDF.
issue is responding to Mary's comments.
The namespace document is not itself part of the spec. We can approve
the draft, but Mary will need the namespace document. When Mary answers
open questions we can produce it.
"DITA namespace" cannot be the name of the namespace, only a title.
"DITA" cannot be part of the namespace name, and the URL in that link
text does not match the URL in the link.
The listed examples of backward-compatible changes need to be
appropriate for DITA, e.g. WSDL is not pertinent. Eliot just left the
template text for want of a clear alternative.
ACTION: Paul: send email detailing questions about our namespace
document, so that Don can complete his action to update this document.
updates needed, and we need to vote on what we actually will
present as a committee draft.
send advisory to Mary for the public draft.
ITEM: Review action items generated by this meeting
To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: