[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 June 2010 [Corrected 16 June 2010]
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 15 June 2010 [Corrected 16 June 2010] Chaired by Don Day <firstname.lastname@example.org> Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <email@example.com> The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 15 June 2010 at 08:00am PT for 60 minutes. DITA TC Wiki: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/FrontPage 8:00-8:05 Roll call Regrets: Stan Doherty STANDING BUSINESS: Approve minutes from previous business meeting http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00072.html (8 June Gershon) Subcommittee/liaison reports: (defer for this week due to schedules) Moved by Don Day, seconded by Seth Park, approved by acclamation. Subcommittee Reports OASIS DITA Machine Industry Subcommittee -- Chris Kravogel reporting Preparing for DITA 1.3 in f2f meeting last November in Munich. http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/MachineIndustry Table of required kinds of information and product life cycle stages, with priorities. Process is to identify those already covered by DITA and those requiring work, then to propose specializations. TC members are asked to review this for completeness and send any questions to Kris Kravogel. 1. Action Items Chris is reminded of his action item on ordered lists. Acknowledgement and thanks to those who have closed their actions. Reviewing open action items Review normative and non-normative resources: Bruce & Paul completed, Eliot relieved of responsibility PDF issues: Seth near completion, a few remaining problems. Comments will go out as unfinished items in this Committee Draft. May want a wiki page for TC issues separate from the public review issues. Now behind schedule, gated by a few open items. 2. ITEM: Status of remaining updates Comments disposition for Public Review Kris was surprised to see changes after she posted renditions yesterday. 3. ITEM: Status of work on PDF Status and discussion. This item remains open until Seth's action item is closed. Seth: We only need one formatter working to deliver PDF to Mary (AntennaHouse). Thinks that Mary's formatting issues have been resolved, need to verify. Mary's comments can be seen and progress tracked at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/CD01#PDF 4. ITEM: OASIS formatting conventions on XHTML and CHM output Consistency of numbering between HTML and PDF: Filtering some items in HTML/PDF is expected to throw numbering out of synch. In XHTML Appendices are numbered 5 plus letters, PDF just Appendices. Kris will fix manually, only one or two spots. With the following action, all work done. Close. ACTION: Kris will fix the numbering in the XHTML to match the uploaded PDF. Progress tracked at http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/CD01#XHTML 5. ITEM: New topics: Close http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00016.html (origin of discussion) Normative references (normative-references.dita) Non-normative references (non-normative-references.dita) http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00045.html ("New topics to review" chm upload) 6. ITEM: Namespace document: OASIS template for namespace documents: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/namespace.html http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201006/msg00074.html (Grosso) Updated draft (includes URLs for comment archives, DTDs, and XSDs): http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/38287/DITA1.2-namespace.html The issue is responding to Mary's comments. Seth: The namespace document is not itself part of the spec. We can approve the draft, but Mary will need the namespace document. When Mary answers open questions we can produce it. "DITA namespace" cannot be the name of the namespace, only a title. "DITA" cannot be part of the namespace name, and the URL in that link text does not match the URL in the link. The listed examples of backward-compatible changes need to be appropriate for DITA, e.g. WSDL is not pertinent. Eliot just left the template text for want of a clear alternative. ACTION: Paul: send email detailing questions about our namespace document, so that Don can complete his action to update this document. 7. ITEM: Vote on acceptance of CD for public review http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00110.html Voting members on the TC call each were polled and each voted "Aye" to approve the most current version of the DITA 1.2 spec as a committee draft for submission to OASIS for public review. The CD will be named per OASIS naming policies. The document has been uploaded to Kavi in XHTML, CHM, PDF, and DITA source; the authoritative version (XHTML) that was voted on is located at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/38289/DITA1.2-spec-xhtml.zip/DITA1.2-spec-html.zip ACTION: Don: send advisory to Mary for the public draft. 8. ITEM: Review action items generated by this meeting Done.