Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 June 2010

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 22 June 2010

Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 22 June 2010 at 08:00am PT for 60 minutes.

8:00-8:05 Roll call, quorum achieved.

Regrets: Gershon Joseph, Stan Doherty (2nd half)

STANDING BUSINESS
=============

- Minutes from previous business meeting -

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00150.html (15 June, Nevin, corrected)

Approval moved by Don, seconded by Kris, carried by acclamation.

- Subcommittee/liaison reports -

Seth Park: OASIS DITA Semiconductor Information Design Subcommittee
On hold until committee draft goes out to public review. Some logistical issues. Not many members have technical expertise to update links, etc.

ACTION: Bruce: arrange for BusDocs SC report next week.

- Action Items -

Review open items: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php
Remains open.

Comments: (Track and close on replies) http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/

BUSINESS
======
1. ITEM: Check on schedule
No change.

2. ITEM: Status of CD02 submission and follow up
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00166.html (McRae)

There have been no substantive changes to the content of the specification, only a minor rearrangement of the architecture and renaming of a file, and cosmetic tweaks working out a few remaining nits to conform to OASIS standard. Things previously in appendices now in Appendix B, except for Acknowledgements in Appendix A. Kris removed the revision history because it might be the site of more nits, it's optional, and we can put it back when we get a stable, detailed statement of OASIS requirements. The PDF issues are minor tweaks about color of rules, etc. Kris believes she has addressed all of these issues. Seth believes he will complete the PDF version today. Kris is outputting a package as this is written. This has been a frustrating process, seems capricious, poorly documented, and inspecific. Mary may be occupied with too many other tasks to respond in a timely way. It seems that there have been substantial changes at a policy level, which have not been communicated adequately to those affected. We will take up these process issues in a postmortem discussion with Mary.

3. ITEM: Namespace document
OASIS template for namespace documents: http://docs.oasis-open.org/templates/namespace.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/201006/msg00074.html (Grosso)
Updated draft (includes URLs for comment archives, DTDs, and XSDs): http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/download.php/38287/DITA1.2-namespace.html
Assess Mary's comments

We don't currently have anything at the OASIS namespace location. We need to coordinate with Mary so as to meet with both administrative and functional requirements. Mary hasn't answered Paul's email.

ACTION: Don: set up a call with Mary, including Paul and Kris to resolve the namespace document issue.

4. ITEM: Vote on acceptance of CD 03 for public review
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00172.html (Eberlein proposal)
[link for actual draft, if ready]

Don moved to approve draft CD 03 with recommendation to move to OASIS for public review. Dick Hamilton seconded the motion.

Following a demonstration of unanimity, voting members on the TC call each were polled and each voted "Aye" to approve the most current version of the DITA 1.2 spec, CD 03, as a committee draft for submission to OASIS for public review.

ACTION: Kris: submit CD 03 to OASIS.

5. ITEM: Review action items generated by this meeting

ACTION: Bruce: arrange for BusDocs SC report next week.
ACTION: Don: set up a call with Mary, including Paul and Kris to resolve the namespace document issue.
ACTION: Kris: submit CD03 to OASIS.

8:45-8:47 Announcements/Opens

8:47 Adjourn

========