OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes of 29 June 2010 meeting


Gershon Joseph
Technical Leader, Engineering
Product Development Services

Phone: +972 9 892-7157
Mobile: +972 57 314-1170

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Cisco home page

Think before you print. Think before you print.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Cisco Systems Limited (Company Number: 02558939), is registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 1 Callaghan Square, Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT


GIF image

GIF image

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes

The DITA Technical Committee met on 29 June 2010 at 08:00am PT

Chaired by Don Day <dond@us.ibm.com>
Minutes recorded by Gershon Joseph <gerjosep@cisco.com>

Roll call
* Regrets: Dick Hamilton
> Quorum was achieved.

Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00176.html (22 June Nevin, corrected) 
> Minutes accepted by acclamation.

Subcommittee/liaison reports

* OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee (Bruce Nevin)
> Moved to next meeting.

Review open Action Items: 
* http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/members/action_items.php 
> #117 is closed.
> #105 is closed.
> #102 is closed.

Comments: (Track and close on replies)
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/ 
> No new comments.


ITEM: Check on schedule: 
* Note upcoming holiday weekend and plan for absences
> Don may be out on 13 July and Kristen will chair in Don's place.
> Meet as usual next week (7 July).

ITEM: Status of CD03 submission and follow up 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00166.html (McRae) 
> ACTION: Kristen to update the schedule table on the Wiki page listing the 
> dates on which we submitted the various CDs to OASIS.

> Kris: Escalation to Scott McGrath appears to have done the trick and we are 
> getting better responses from Mary. Mary also agreed we can use our existing 
> namespace for 1.2 and just need to remove mention of the namespace from the 
> cover pages and also not have a namespace document at the namespace URL.

> Don: In terms of lessons learnt, we should keep Scott in mind when needing 
> to understand why OASIS works the way it does.

> The TC expressed concern over the visibility of the DTDs and XSDs in the 
> spec package now that we don't have an overview document.

> The TC discussed possible options for advising OASIS of raising issues in 
> the future as and when they occur. How to escalate if things don't happen 
> and if things do happen how to communicate what our experience with the 
> process has been like.

ITEM: Namespace document recap: 
* http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00221.html (Eberlein, McRae) 
> Rolled up into previous item.

New ITEM: Lessons Learned 
* Start logging some of the procedural changes we've encountered this round
> Largely rolled up into CD03 status item above.
> Don asked Kris to log the issues ahead of our next discussion on this item.


> Kris: We need to put some automation into the build process. I manually need 
> to touch a number of files to tweak things and it would be nice to have a 
> fully automated build process.

> Don noted that we also need to clean up wiki pages, records, etc.

*** Meeting adjourned ***

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]