OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 July 2010

I also sent regrets for yesterday's meeting. Please update the minutes


-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Nevin (bnevin) 
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:30 PM
To: dita@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [dita] DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 July 2010

DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 6 July 2010
Chaired by Don Day <donday@bga.com>
Minutes recorded by Bruce Nevin <bnevin@cisco.com>
The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 6 July 2010 at 08:00am PT
for 47 minutes.
8:00-8:05 Roll call
      o Regrets: Su-Laine Yeo, Eliot Kimber
Don will be out of town starting tomorrow. Kris Eberlein will chair next
week's meeting. If shs is unable to attend, we will defer business until
the following week; members may need to be flexible.
Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
      o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201007/msg00001.html
(29 June Gershon)
      Don Moved, Bruce seconded, carried by acclamation.
Subcommittee/liaison reports: (defer for this week due to schedules)
      o OASIS DITA for Enterprise Business Documents Subcommittee (Ann
Rockley, Bruce Nevin)
      Two areas of focus:
        1. Aggregated authoring: white paper near final, will resubmit
to TC soon for review.
        2. Metamodel: derived from research into types of documents. At
Michael Priestly's urging, the subteam is now looking for relevant
research in academic literature & trade press for four use cases: 
         - Marketing
         - RFPs  
         - Proposals
         - Policies & Procedures
        Had also looked at other types, such as Prerequisites &
Requirements documents. Chose to leave Pharma use cases for the Pharma
subcommittee. Probably late Fall for a literary review. 
      o Help SC will report next week.
Action Items:
      o Items closed during past week, what remain are some for Gershon
and an action to tweak OASIS-styled XSL and CSS files.
1. ITEM: Check on schedule: No issues.
2. ITEM: Status of OASIS review of latest CD03 submission
      o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/201006/msg00235.html
        Not hearing anything from Mary is of some concern, but we felt
that the holiday and other issues may account for this. Then during the
meeting, Don received email from Mary saying that the OASIS mail server
went down yesterday and sysadmins are away until tomorrow (Wednesday).
She gives her alternate address: marypmcrae@gmail.com. 
Action: Don: remind Mary about CDO-3 status.
3. ITEM: Lessons Learned, continued.
Action: Don: start Lessons Learned in the FrontPage. Example topics:
      o Review OASIS policies and procedures. 
      o Dogfood-eating experience (using newest markup). 
      We will be using the Public Review to further tweak cosmetic
issues as needed.
4. ITEM: Review action items generated by this meeting
      - Don: remind Mary about CDO-3 status.
      - Don: start Lessons Learned in the FrontPage. 
      - Gershon: identify items deferred to DITA 1.3, update proposals
      - Don: on the FrontPage, clean up reference to the OT as a
reference implementation.
Things that can be accomplished DURING public review (treat as ongoing
checks for now):
     1. Tweak OASIS-styled XSL and CSS files
     2. Lessons Learned--Consensus to begin this activity after 1.2 is
approved as a spec, but start keeping notes.
     3. Scan Wiki pages for review #1, review #2, review #3, and review
#4 to identify items deferred to DITA 1.3
      o Link with the work plan of items to handle during the public
      o Discuss in a future meeting with more participants (request per
Action: Gershon: identify wiki items deferred to DITA 1.3.  
Ongoing checks:
1. dita.xml.org page on build scripts (Stan) No updates yet.
2. ITEM: Domain integrator
      o DITA DTD Generator
      o http://dita-generator.appspot.com/shell
      o http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200907/msg00116.html
(Robert's message with more info)
      o OASIS hosting of a Web GUI for this generator?
No new information. Suggest renewing this topic after Public Review is
under way.
3. ITEM: Request for input on DITA 1.2 use:
      o Status of DITA OT 1.5 reference implementation of 1.2 features:
      o http://dita.xml.org/wiki/plans-for-dita-ot-15
      o Note new list below for collecting affirmations of use.
      These need to be for specializations as well, e.g. L&T. Members
need to turn in their assessments of their usage.
      Citations of the OT as a reference implementation are incorrect
and misrepresent status of other implementations e.g. by vendors.
Action: Don: Clean up this reference on the FrontPage.
4. ITEM: Review 1.2 list for items that should be considered for 1.3
      o Update the DITA 1.3 list on the Wiki (Gershon)
      o Action check: Gershon to add his research into the DITA 1.3
Proposals table.
Action: Don: combine common items here and in above list of items that
can be done during Public Review.
8:40-8:47 Announcements/Opens
8:47 Adjourn

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]