Subject: DITA 1.2 released for public review

Hello, members of the DITA community.

After much hard work, DITA 1.2 was released for a public review on 7 July. You can access the specification, DTDs, and XSDs at the URLs listed at the bottom of this e-mail.

So, what is a public review? This is a 60 day period during which the Technical Committee (TC) asks the DITA community to review the DITA 1.2 release and provide commentary. We will log all comments, review them as a TC, and maintain a record of any resulting changes to the specification, DTDs, and XSDs.

So, please let us know what you think. Are there aspects that we need to clarify? Ways that we can improve the written specification?

The TC will accept comments until 5 September 2010. For information about how to submit comments, see http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=dita
I want to thank everyone for their patience as we struggled to give birth to this version of the DITA standard!

DITA 1.2 URLs:
XHTML (authoritative version): http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd03/spec/DITA1.2-spec.html
PDF: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd03/spec/DITA1.2-spec.pdf
CHM: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd03/spec/DITA1.2-spec-chm.zip
DITA source: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd03/spec/DITA1.2-spec.zip
DTDs: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd03/DITA1.2-dtds.zip
XSDs: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/v1.2/cd03/DITA1.2-xsds.zip

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Charter member, OASIS DITA Adoption Committee
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)